Sunday, January 6, 2019

Artwork, Cards, RainForest


This is the artwork we now have above the mantel in our family room. It has faded colors on the leaves that are weathered.


This is the artwork we have in the family room as well. This has brighter colors on it. These pieces add color to the light brown walls.

This is the inspiration for my card today.

This is the card I made as a result of seeing the one above.  I stamped the mug, cup and snowflakes then cut them out with dies. I colored them with Copic markers. I added clear Wink of Stella to the snowflakes and the heart. I added dimensionals to all images.
I sponged the background with Tim Holtz distress oxide inks then spritzed it with water. I ran the background through the Big Shot with the Coffee Cups embossing folder by Tim Holtz.
I added the images to the background then added puple rhinestones to the center of each snowflake. I used white liquid applique to the marshmallows and heated.
I kept the orientation the same and used similar colors. I added pink on the cups instead of blue and purple. I added dry embossing instead of a plain background. I used a different stamp set.

This is the inspiration for my card below.
 
I stamped in petal pink using my Stamparatus then colored the plants with SU markers then stamped. I added colors once stamped. I used copic markers to color the pots then added white lines. I sponged granny apple green around the edge then added black discs to the corners.
Tim and I went to the Rainforest with Ben, Rachel, Kaelynn and Zoey Saturday
Image result for cleveland rainforest

So a not-so-funny, but funny thing happened at the Rainforest Saturday. We were looking at animals in the rainforest and a bird pooped. Poor Zoey had it hit her on the head, sleeve and pants. Rachel felt a bit as well. Kaelynn started to laugh and was reprimanded. I started to laugh as well but hid it behind my hand. Zoey was at first upset, then laughed because Kaelynn laughed.
Rachel wiped Zoey off with wipes and we continued on our way.
Thankfully the next area was the Orangutans enclosure.

RainForest Building - Larger Malaysian Chevrotain Exhibit
These porcupines were very active when we saw them. They were climbing all around on the tree limbs. They even hung upside-down like a sloth and worked their way across the tree limbs. They were fascinating to watch.  They also had yellowish skin which showed when they walked.

 This is Rachel and the girls watching the 4 year old orangutan swinging with a branch in her hand. She was fun to watch. She grabbed her grandmother's hand and pulled her so she did a somersault towards her.
 This is the grandmother of the troop. She was in a very playful mood today. She liked playing with the burlap that was nearby.
 Grandma then put the burlap and a pail on her head.
 Then grandma took off the pail and burlap to see our reaction. She was quite entertaining.
Verse of the Day: Isaiah 40: 28-31
Image result for Isaiah 40:28
This is a song chosen for my twin sister. She had a miracle happen today. Celebrating that Annie!
Give a listen to Hawk Nelson singing Miracles.


Blessing of the Day-My headache is better. I read a lot in my new book called, When We Were Young, by Karen Kingsbury.


Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....