Monday, January 14, 2019

Simple Woman's Daybook January 14, 2018


For Today January 14th, 2019


This is where it all began



Looking out my window it's now dark. The exciting things is that it is staying light longer and longer!

I am thinking that I had so much fun with the ladies in class this morning. I missed them so much. It was only a month ago we met. I couldn't wait to see them today.
Here are the things we made today.

This is a clear treat box that we lined with designer series paper, added a sentiment and ribbon.


This is a desk calendar for the year. I wanted a positive sentiment to encourage at the top. The calendar rips off for the next month.


Isn't this just the cutest little otter? He would be so sweet holding a red envelope with red gingham paper around him.


This card I showed the ladies what Stampin' Write markers looked like on the left. On the right I used alcohol markers.


I am thankful for these ladies and their friendship. This class has been together for over a year and the fun part is, I have to wait to talk to begin to show the next card or step to do. LOL  I love it!

One of my favorite things is reading. A friend gave it to me to read since she read it so fast and knew I loved to read. It takes place in Germany in 1939. We'll see how it goes. My friend said there were parts that she couldn't put it down and other places where she had to put it down because it was hard to read.
 

I am creating another ripple afghan. It is a crazy afghan made with left over yarn from other projects. It's fun to see how it is developing. It great to get those small balls and left over yarn used in something that will be donated.

Here's the afghan I just finished.


I am wearing a turtle-neck, jeans, shoes and my sparkly bracelet. I love wearing bling now and then. We're all little girls at heart. When I see jewelry that sparkles, I'm that little kid. This bracelet is one from A.C. Moore that I saw. Sarah saw another bracelet I liked and bought it for me for Christmas.

I am listening to Contemporary Christian Music on Amazon Music. I love music and love to listen to and sing which helps me feel so good and closer to God.

I am hoping my niece continues to improve from the injury she sustained.

I am learning that I need to put God first in each and every day. I am praying to be used by God in whatever way He needs. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a woman who I haven't seen in 25 years. Her son was in my class for several years. I teach students with special needs so some of my students I had for Kindergarten through second grade.
I spoke to this woman and found out she's Catholic and is very angry at God for her husband dying and her new boyfriend suffering with the after effects of brain surgery to remove most of his cancer. Some days he recognizes her and some days he doesn't.
I need prayers to reach her about the salvation message.

In my kitchen we made turkey quesadillas on the grill we have. They are so easy to make.

In the school room I continue to learn new techniques and 'how tos'. Today I learned how to make a card background using two stencils! I stenciled the lacy stencil first with highland heather. I used gorgeous grape to stencil the dark purple dots. Today's challenges were to use circles and two stencils.


In my garden, it is snow covered and sleeping until the Springtime warm air reawakens all that is in it.

A moment from my day. This is Chloe our two-year-old Munchkin cat. She loves to jump into this basket on my desk and go to sleep. She also loves to watch me with those big eyes. LOL



Closing Notes
 This is a stone that I received from a dear friend. She gave it to me the day another dear Christian friend would be buried. Through the service I kept this in mind: she was now in God's hands. What better place to be.  I so miss you Patti.



Verse of the Day: Romans 5:1-2
Image result for Romans 5:1-2

I just heard this the other day and wanted to share it with you. It's called, Moved by Mercy by Matthew West.


Thank you for stopping by to see what's going on in my world.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Kim said...

You have a lot of creative talent! Your stamping projects are fun to see and your afghan is great.
The photo of Chloe is too cute. Thanks for sharing your daybook!

Cavs, Cards and Craziness

 Crazy finishes for our Cleveland Cavaliers this week.  When they can hit threes, they're so much fun to watch. To come from behind and ...