Sunday, April 21, 2019

He Has Risen, He Has Risen Indeed! Easter 2019


Good Friday filled with the sadness of our Savior dying for our sins.  As a kid, Good Friday meant sitting quietly from 12-3 looking a books about God and our Bible. I was raised Catholic, and we didn't have a real connection with the Bible. It was read for sermons and religious instruction classes, but nothing more.
Jesus was separated from God the Father because of His love for us. He made a way for us to be in Heaven for eternity.

Such sadness and terror filled his apostles that first Holy Weekend.  Apostles weren't sure if they would be next to be killed for their association with Jesus. There was such a void in their lives. They didn't understand if Jesus was to be king, why he was killed. Such confusion swirled in their heads.

Hallelujah He's not here, He is risen from the dead! Think about what you would say if someone you buried two days before was not in the grave. It would be very hard to wrap your head around it wouldn't it?
Yet that's what Mary and the apostles were faced with. The grave was empty. Just as Jesus said, He would rise again to reign over all.
This morning in worship I was brought to tears when singing a song where we sang, He died for my sins. It became so real and personal at that moment.
No one here on earth loves me as much as God does. Amazing to think about isn't it?

Image may contain: text and nature
So often people accuse Christians of acting above non-Christians.  You know, it's at that time that I say, "I'm not above anybody. In fact I'm desperately hanging on to God's word in the Bible just to get through today. I have a relationship with Jesus because I'm so broken without Him. I'm learning each and every day what Jesus brings to me through the Bible. If anything, it points out how unworthy I am for anything at all from God."

This morning I went to church with Ben and Rachel and the girls. We then went to their house for lunch. We had crock pot chicken and broccoli. Then the fun began. We hid plastic Easter eggs for the girls to find. Ben numbered 12 eggs and put Bible verses and items that went with the verse.
The girls opened the egg and looked at what was inside. One was a cross made of sticks taped together. The verse was about Jesus being crucified.   
Another egg held gauze to signify what they wrapped his body with. The 7 year old read verses and Rachel read for the 3 yr. old.

It was fun to see Ben do something similar to what we did when he and Sarah were kids. A tradition passed on. It made this momma proud and happy.

Saturday, my brother John, his son Jake, and my brother-in-law, Allen came to town to visit Mom. We hosted breakfast at a nearby restaurant and caught up with each other's family life.  My nephew is training to go to Afghanistan. That is scary to me as his aunt. I can't imagine how his mom feels.

 This is my mom with my brother-in-law in her room at the nursing home.
 This is my mom with my brother and his son, in my mom's room.
 This is the card that was the inspiration for my card below.

I changed the layout from a whole vase of flowers, to just 3. I changed the cardbase colors and the shape of the opening. I changed the color of the ring around the flowers from gray to purple. I added a sentiment, ribbon and dry embossing. I also added wink of stella.
 This was the inspiration for my card, below.
photo of pink white flower
I colored the flower with a lemon-lime twist marker, then added berry burst marker on the edges and stamped. I sponged berry burst onto white cardstock using the Hero Arts ornate floral stencil. I cut a lemon-lime circle to add contrast for the flower. I added black cardstock behind the stenciled panel. The circle is dry embossed with the Darice ef called cherry blossom. I added berry burst ribbon.
 Our challenge was to make an Easter card.  I placed the circle onto the white paper and sponged from black to purple using daubers. I used a sponge to give a light color to the sun. I stamped the sentiment in gorgeous grape. I added the white ribbon to signify the risen Christ. I added a black panel behind the sunrise and a gorgeous grape card base.

Verse of the Day: Isaiah 52:7
Image result for Isaiah 52:7




Blessing of the Day: I spent time praising God this morning. I got to watch my grandchildren do an Easter egg hunt along with Bible verses about the real meaning of Easter.
I got to spend time with Tim this evening. What a blessed day.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...