Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 27, 2019



This is where it all began.


The Simple Woman’s Daybook April 27, 2019

FOR TODAY-April 27, 2019


Outside My Window...it's a sunny but cool day. Buds are opening and forming as God promised they would season after season.

In the Garden...it's a growing machine. Strawberry plants are growing. Hyacinths are dying but Lilies of the Valley have sprung forth. I can't wait to smell their scent flow across the back porch.

I am thinking...what an amazing world God created for us.  We need to be always thankful for His gifts to us, in the ordinary and extraordinary things.

I am thankful for...friends who do the unexpected. Today a friend visited and dropped off 3 bags of yarn for my scarves, hats, gloves and blanket making. Thank you Jane.

From the kitchen...the dishwasher is quietly whirring away. It seems we run it more than usual. Tim says it's because we're not going out to eat as much. It's not as much with him working on the house. He is tired at the end of a long day.

I am wearing...jeans, tennis shoes and long sleeves.  I'm looking forward to the days of short sleeves.

I am creating...cards for South Carolina Juvenile Justice System. I got an email this week that my friend was promoted and someone else will take over the ministry on that end. I'm sad but happy for my friend.

I am going...to continue to make cards that I'll use for class or donate. I've worked on some challenge cards this week.
This first card will be for a class I do in May. It's called faux flower press.


This is for two challenges. Scrapacat challenged us to use junk mail for our challenge. Jeanne challenged us to make a simple line background.
I drew green lines like the asparagus, then used painter's tape to color my background brown like the steak, for the owl. I colored and cut out the owl and added it to the front with dimensionals. I highlighted the word sunshine with yellow Wink of Stella.


Here is the inspiration for my card.

It is one of the samples on the, At Home website.  I used the striped paper behind to imitate the dots on the cacti. I stamped the cacti then added sand with one of the cactus stamps. I stamped and cut out a saguaro cactus and the little bush and added dimensionals to them. I layered the image with black then added the dsp then a black background.



Here is a link to the tutorial I used to ink with tape.
I inked the background, then colored the owl with Copic Markers. I die cut the owl then added dimensionals to it and added it to the card. I added the sentiment and the sequins.


I am reading... nothing and need to start another book to read....Now I just have to decide on one of many on my shelves.

I am hoping...Tim continues to do well working on redoing the house inside. He's putting flooring in the 3rd bedroom.

I am hearing...the Christian music I'm playing as well as the washer getting towels and clothes done. It's a never-ending cycle.


One of my favorite things..is being home by myself once in a while. It's somehow freeing. It's not like I do anything different, but the quiet is good occasionally.  Tim is at Ben's house helping with things that needed to be fixed.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I will get to watch my graddaughters a few times this week. I look forward to that time.

Here's a picture I have to share. I ordered 2 sweet potatoes from my local grocery store....look what I got!



 Verse of the Day:
Related image

Check out this album from Jim Brickman. It a quiet, soothing group of songs to promote stillness and rest. You Tube has so many wonderful kinds of music,

Blessing of the Day:I got to visit with Jane. Tim is out helping Ben. I'm looking forward to spending time with Tim if he's not too tired from working today at Ben's.

Thank you for stopping by today. 

Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...