Thursday, September 12, 2019

We Remember 2019


I was chosen to be on the color challenge committee for September. This week's colors were pool party, pretty peacock and old olive.
I put designer series paper on my card base. Then I cut it to look like a house. I used a die to cut a circle in the house. I used 2 circle dies together to make the brown ring around the hole. I stamped a greeting and used the small oval punch. The large oval punch was used for the pretty peacock oval. I used the flower and leaf punches to make the flowers around the hole of the house. I added 1/2" strips to make the roof and bottom of the house. I traced the circle onto the inside of the card and made sure my bird's head was in that circle. The bird was colored with copic markers.



This was the first color challenge card for Sept 3rd where the colors were read red, granny apple green, call me clover
Hi everyone! I'm happy to be a guest designer this month for the color challenges. I stamped the trees full strength, then again to make them appear farther away. I colored in the trunks of the trees with marker. I stamped the moose and used the moose punch. He was added with dimensionals. I stamped and cut a red plaid scarf for the moose. I added plaid paper to the background.

 This is an image that will forever be ingrained in my mind when I think of 911. It was a terrible day in history. A friend visited a museum and saw parts of metal pieces from the twin tower's site and was sickened and saddened at the terrible loss due to the explosions and the diseases that were a result of rescue efforts.
She said a young boy next to her asked his 11 year old brother when it happened. It was then that she realized that this generation would only know this event as a historical event, not the tragic even we all went through. She likened it to Vietnam, WWII, or even the Desert Storm events. They are historical events to many and not the horrible loss if life that they were in reality.

People who lived through this terrible time know where they were when they heard it had happened. It was the same thing When John F. Kennedy was shot. People knew exactly what they were doing when that happened. It's a day that stands out in history.
My prayers are that those that lost so much will continue to be blessed and comforted and prayed for.

Chloe likes the new room. She also likes this old trunk. It gives her a vantage point from which to look from Phoebe. Chloe likes to play, Phoebe does not. So if Chloe jumps down from the trunk it sends Phoebe running with Chloe chasing her. Fun for one at least! LOL

Here is the inspiration for my card. This is for the Featured Stamper Challenge. 


I used different colors, different stamps and did not include a sentiment. When I need it, I'll add the sentiment. I wanted to make this type of card since I hadn't done it before. I stamped my own paper instead of using designer series paper.
 This was a cute picture I found on FB. A photographer took over 200 pictures to get this picture. Sweet image isn't it?

Verse of the Day: 1 Corinthians 10:12
Image result for 1 Corinthians 10:12

This is a song by Matthew West called, Mercy is a Song. I hope you like it.


Blessing of the Day: Tim and I went to Menard's to look at tile, faucets and all the things needed for a bathroom re-do. I know some women are very concerned about all the fine details of this process. This woman isn't really. I'm happy giving an opinion then letting Tim take it and make it into the bathroom he likes. A room is just a room....Roles have been reversed here. Tim's into the details and I'm like, do what you like.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...