Sunday, September 15, 2019

Missing Patti, new stamp set and Big Daddy




Yesterday I attended Adventures in Stamping, the Stamp and Scrapbook Convention we have each Fall. I have to say, I was disappointed. There were fewer vendors. I spoke to a very popular vendor who has always been at this show. He said people were buying but small amounts. He said he hoped he got enough to cover the cost of the space he was renting.

I typically like to go about 1 p.m. The show is from 9-4. I like to go early afternoon when the crowds are gone and short people like me can see everything.  I've been to sales where people are 3 or 4 deep and I have no chance of seeing. I have to wait until  people leave an area I want to see.

I have to say this year was also sad because a dear friend that I always saw at the convention is no longer alive. We've always met at the show. She would be with daughters and a granddaughter. I half expected to see my friend, but knew it was just a memory.

I know she's happy in Heaven and wouldn't trade it for anything! I miss you so much Patti.


This is the stamp set and die I bought. I had wanted the die and when I saw the stamps with it, I knew I'd use it more with the stamps than without.
I am particular what I buy. I try to find unique things that I don't have. This die and stamp set can be used with images and other sentiments to encourage people. I can't wait to begin making cards with this set.
KING OF MY HEART (STAMP/DIE DUOS)

One of the booths I spent time in was, Inky Antics. I love many of their characters. Without many brick and mortar stamp stores with a variety of stamps, this convention is exciting to go through. You can see and touch things before you purchase.
Image result for adventures in stamping 2019

This is my son, Ben and his wife of 6 years, Rachel. They were at Rachel's aunt's wedding yesterday.  They brought the two girls with them but they can't be photographed, so here's a picture of Ben and Rachel.
This morning our preacher was preaching from 1 Samuel 12.  It was interesting how Samuel made the people realize how God keeps showing His mercy when they fall away from Him. They begin to have idols instead of bowing down to Jesus. The people were in bondage, then they cried out to God, They were delivered from bondage, and soon they were forgetting about God. It was a cycle where God showed his unending Grace.

We may look at a story like that from the Old Testament and begin to feel 'better' than those people. We compare ourselves to them and believe we are no way near their level of sin.
Interestingly, we are EXACTLY the same as 'those' people. We too find ourselves in need of help from God, for decisions we've made. We fallen away from God. We cry out to God and wonder where He is. God delivers us from the predicament we've gotten our self into, then we too forget about God and begin the old ways again.

We should be thankful that God's grace is greater than our sin. We also will NEVER be abandoned by God, in spite of how we act.  Isn't he an incredible God?
God reminds the people and us, to stand still and consider what great things He has done for us.


Verse of the Day: 1 Samuel 12:24
Image result for 1samuel 12:24


Blessing of the Day: We got to have the girls here for lunch while Ben and Rachel went with their class to lunch. It was only for a couple of hours and we had fun doing word searches and reading books.

I am praying that the sadness I'm feeling right now will end soon. I know it has to be God's will, not mine. 

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...