Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and interest to your cards with more stamps. 

I'm using Stampin' Up's new Seaside Wishes stamps and dies. They were available to demonstrators in a pre-order.
I used the dies of the leaves and shells to cut out white fun foam. It is available at most stores that have crafts for kids. It comes in sheets of different colors.
I added adhesive to an acrylic block, then added the foam shape. I inked up the fun foam shape and stamped.
I wanted to show my customers how they can get more from their die sets by doing this.
I made a scene with pebbles at the bottom and added the leaves as a plant and used the other stamp to add depth to my underwater scene.
Here is a card where the background was embossed with the Seaside Wishes 3D embossing folder. Then I wet and crumpled up designer series paper to give it texture. Next I stamped and cut out the sand dollar. I die cut the star fish with watercolor paper. I used pecan pie ink and an aquapainter with water, to color the starfish. I dried it with a heat tool.  I added the small dots with the stamp from the set and used Calypso Coral to give the starfish texture.
The starfish was added with dimensionals.






No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...