Saturday, December 22, 2007

Brayered Sky and Sea


On SCS, Michelle Zindorf has a wonderful technique called, Brayered Sky.
I've been working on making one I liked. I think I'm getting closer. I am playing with this technique until I get it. It's taking lots of practice with the brayer but I'm getting a little closer I think. This one I made like Michelle instructed then used a sponge to add the three colors of water. I started to use my navy where the water and sky met, but wasn't sure I liked it. Should I continue with the dark blue? Thanks Michelle for your tips as well...maybe someday I'll get this. I love lighthouses and sunrise and sunset. So I tried to make that happen here in this card.
Today at the Christmas celebration for my husband's family I felt such a peace. I don't usually feel that peace at their gatherings. I asked my husband to pray for me so that I could enjoy the event. Often times his sister gets so controlling that it's not fun at all. I have been praying for a day or so and things went well. I know it's a simple thing, but 5 hours can be a very long time when visiting somewhere you don't want to be. I thank God for helping me through today and for blessing our gathering.

2 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

I am SO happy the day went well. How wonderful knowing your husband was praying for you.

You did a great job with this brayering technique. I love the colors and I wouldn't have gone any darker blue as it might have gotten overwhelming, but that's just my thoughts. This card is beautiful!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...