Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ribbon, Ribbon, Ribbon

This card was an attempt at the brayer sky technique. I continue to work on it to make it look better. I thought with the three colors of ink used for the sky, it would be nice to make three ribbon lengths at the bottom of the card. The directions for this are on the main page of Splitcoast. Michelle is a master at this technique and offers suggestions in the comments section of the tutorial.

The purse is from Jan Tink's blog. She gives directions on how to make this out of one piece of 12x12 double-sided paper. I change the handles and added eyelets instead of brads. Check out her directions to make a quick and easy gift holder.

The last card is one made for Linda-Studbo's challenge to make a card from scraps that you had. The card base didn't have to be scraps but everything else did. This took a very long time to do. I'm sure it doesn't look that way though. LOL
I even checked my paper punch to see what was in there to make faux brads! Try it yourself and see how you do. You can post it to the SCS gallery that Linda has reserved for her challenges.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...