Saturday, July 16, 2011

Stamping With Emily

It's so hot outside today that I didn't last long out there.  I did things in the house instead. Laundry is easier than weeding in this heat anyday! LOL
I stamped with Emily tonight.  Here's what we made.
This is an old background stamp from Stampin' Up that we stamped on glossy cardstock then used daubers to color with bright colors.  Then I played around with using nesties and just cutting straight around the candles. I love how the candles came out.  Putting the mambo in the center allowed colors to blend well. When it blended with yellow we got orange, and when it blended with turquoise we got purple!
I'm still concentrating on making samples for my Open House. Here's another card.  I know that the nesties are not Stampin' Up but they just looked great on this card.  I used daffodilm mambo and white paper.  The ink is marina mist and celery for the image.  I used linen thread for the buttons. I also found that from all the cutting I've been doing, the plates from my Cuttlebug have different patterns and cuts in them which came out onto my white cardstock to give it a very cool texture!

I am thankful to have such wonderful friends. Not only that, a lot of my friends like to stamp! LOL
Another hot one tomorrow.
Blessings,


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...