Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday, Another Heat Wave of a Day

It's another hot one here in Cleveland. I am inside once again. I am reading a good book called, The Help. It is soon to be a movie I guess. It is about the black women and what it was like to take care of white households during the early 60's. It's sad to read about the conditions they lived in and the severe division of blacks and whites. It's hard to believe that it happened here during my lifetime.
Here are a few cards I made as a guest designer for the technique challenge.  It's a challenge where you color with watercolor crayons, then spritz with water and stamp on paper.  Then stamp on top of that.  I colored in diagonal lines in two different colors, then stamped in black in and colored the stems and leaves.  I added stickles cinnamon to the flower centers.  Cherry scalloped ribbon was threaded through the loops of the nesties I used.

This second card I colored straight across using two colors then spritzed and stamped sunflowers again.  I colored some of the flower petals, the centers and leaves.  I added yellow stickles to the petals of the sunflowers.  I added the choc chip scalloped ribbon.
This last card is from today's featured stamper.  Check out her gallery: This is the card I made to honor her and her gallery.

Tonight at church we were fortunate to hear a pastoral intern who is phenominal as a speaker!  Wow, it's amazing what he preached tonight.  I wish I could link his sermon, but it's not up yet.  I will post a link to where the latest message is posted so when it's added you can listen to it.
  Do you know that God prayed for us all before he went through all that he went through to die on the cross?  We read John 17 tonight and listened as Austin Shaw preached about it.
Thank you God for all you do for us.  Your mercy and love are amazing!

Thanks for stopping by.
Here's a Jeremy Camp Song called, The Way.  Give it a listen.

Blessings,

3 comments:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Thanks for sharing that song. I needed it!

marilynprestonn said...

Beautiful cards Sue. So love the technique, will have to try that one this week!

Love that you read "The help". I wonder isn't it a movie already...not sure.

Thanks for stopping by my little blog, always good to see you.

:)Peggy

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Fabulous cards, Sue! The color blocking was a fun technique.
Thanks for your words of caring on my blog for my friend's daughter. I'll be checking with her to see if her daughter would like to receive cards of support. I'm sure she will as both she and her mom are cardmakers.

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...