Monday, July 29, 2019

Chased From The Pool By.....

...a BAT!
Image result for bat gifs
Chased from the pool tonight by a low-flying bat. I was swimming later than usual. I was talking to Tim as he sat on the deck of the pool. About 30 minutes into swimming, a bat starts diving and flying near the water then up. He went round and round not too far from my head.  It was enough to get me out of the pool!
The bats do this each evening, I'm sure, but I usually don't swim at dusk.  We used to sit on our screened in porch until it got dark and we'd see bats flying around and around. It's fun if you're not in their targeted area! LOL
Image result for northeast ohio bats

I saw this and just had to share it. I think we all feel this way sometimes. Just getting up and going through a day is in itself a big accomplishment.
                         
I love this! Although instead of my grandma, it would be me! I love lace on things.
                         
I have a picture of Chloe sleeping on the blanket I keep out for the girls when they want to play house or dolls. Cats change where they sleep often. By the time you get used to one place, they've moved to another.

Here is my inspiration for my card. This card was for yesterday's Featured Stamper, Jeanne.
I  colored my duck using Rebecca Wekerly's colors for the duck.
I used the same technique but cut the paper out. I used an embossing folder behind my image panel, I added sequins as in the original. I used a different stamp set, which was comical as was my inspiration in Jeanne's gallery.
I inked the block with crushed corduroy and salty ocean distress inks. I spritzed the block with water and stamped the paper.
I colored the images and used scissors to fussy cut them. I cut the paper to push the surf boards and beach sign into the paper so you couldn't see the ends of the images. I used crushed corduroy and pulled it down on the crumb cake card stock directly on the paper. This is a Gerda Steiner stamp set that my friend, Jan had. I stamped a few to take with me.  He was perfect for this challenge. I can't wait to color some more of these guys.
This is for the first Rock Star Challenge.
Our challenge was to use a clock and a rock. I didn't have either stamp. I remembered mountains are made of rock, so I stamped a scene then added it to a larger circle which I numbered, and added the hands. I stamped the sentiment and put the card together.
This is for the second challenge called, Uluru Rock. This was a color challenge using, garden green, gorgeous grape and cajun craze.
I stamped the stems first then the flowers. I sponged the ground with cajun craze then used the embossing folder for texture behind the image.
Our challenge from Melody, was to do the fossil stone technique. I took a plastic folder and put yellow ink on one side and mango on the other. I closed the folder and mixed the colors. I put glossy paper back to back in the folder then used my brayer to roll the colors together.
Then I cut the coffee cup and lid with dies. I used navy paper across the middle with white ribbon on top. I stamped my greeting and punched it out. I put the card together.
Our challenge was to make a baby card. I stamped and colored the image. Then I cut strips of 1/8" of designer series paper. I started with a square in the middle set like a diamond, then put strips around it alternating colors. I stamped the sentiment and used the pretty label punch.  I was trying to use up scraps of this pretty, retired paper.


Verse of the Day: 1 Chronicles 169:10
Related image

The verse of the day says to sing praises to God. Here's a song that does just that. It is called, Forever Reign by Hillsong.


Blessing of the Day: Today I finished printing and laminating pictures that I needed. I got to take a nap, and spend time with Tim.
 We were watching video of Ben during his 9 year old baseball games. It was a very happy time for our family. Sarah had friends to play with, I did photos and video work for the team and Tim was a coach.  At the end of the year picnic, we show a video with music and incorporate photos and videos that all of us took during the games.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,



No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...