Friday, January 17, 2020

And So It Begins.......


The first winter storm is here in Cleveland, Ohio.  You know, I shouldn't complain. Since Winter began back in December, we've had a pretty nice time of it with above normal temperatures.
Seems roads will be hazardous with rain turning to sleet, then snow.  Good thing it's Saturday huh?
I used to hate the fact that on a day off, we'd have a snow day! We'd be stuck in the house because of the weather.
The only time that's a good thing, is on a school day!
Image result for snow storm gif

 Another scarf finished. I love the multicolored yarn that I used. With this kind of weather dropping in, I thought maybe I should make more scarves to donate to Laura's Home.

 Here's another January mug that I have. This cutie pie has bells that really ring. I hand wash this so it doesn't get damaged. This little guy really makes me smile.  I think a cup of coffee by the fireplace would be great about now.

This is the perfect weather to sip coffee and read a book in front of the fire.
Image result for fireplace gif

I don't know about you, but I find that by intercepting negative thinking with music is just what I need to get back on the right path.  I start by listening to the music, then I start to play my favorite songs, and before you know it, I'm singing right along!
Guess what God does through that? Yup, he helps me fight Satan with worship!
Most times you can't sing uplifting music without feeling better.
So you've turned your negative thoughts into praise to Jesus! 
Now just imagine as that's happening, that Satan has grown quiet. Yup, he can't stay where there's praising God going on!  Love it!
                

Monday, a friend and I will begin an online Bible Study through Proverbs 31 Ministry called, Trustworthy by Lysa TerKeurst  . A study of 1 and 2 Kings. Overcoming our greatest struggles to trust God. I am getting ready to decorate a notebook to keep my writings in. I'm also going to keep verses that help me refocus on God each time Satan gets into my head.

I'm also going to keep a list of Christian music that will help me bring my focus back to God. I love the way we can build ourselves back up with God's help.  Begin to recognize the voice of the enemy and have a plan of attack.
Image result for trustworthy book lysa terkeurst


This song is called, Well Done by the Afters
This is a song I heard today. It is a song that really spoke to me.  So I wanted to share it with you.


Blessing of the Day:
Today I got a dear friend signed up to be a demonstrator. She is my first downline. It took a while to get her signed up. She is my best customer and I wanted her to save 20% on each order. She joined to get the discount. She doesn't want to hold classes or anything else right now.  We'll see if that changes.

I got lots of things done for my Stampin' Up business.  There's always something to do.

Thank you for stopping  by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...