Sunday, February 23, 2020

Back Porch Living Will Be Here Soon


Today it got to 50 degrees here in Cleveland! It was a bit windy, but sitting in the sun was wonderful! I felt like the cats. You sit in the sun, warm up, and before you know it, you're napping!  I had some coffee and spent some time in my chair, wearing my slippers.
Another blue and white ripple afghan is finished. I put it on the floor to photograph it, and Phoebe came right over to make sure it was good enough to give away.
This is the 1,000 piece puzzle called, Craft Cabinet, that Tim and I just finished putting together. I have to say it was a difficult puzzle with all of the random items and colors. I got headaches doing this puzzle more than others. Tim did most of it. I had to look at the box for almost every piece to see where it could go.
 I watched Kylie Bertucci the other day. She has a dsp paper cutting that she calls, Love it, Chop it! It's a simple way to cut and use your dsp.  She began this because many people were hesitant to cut their pretty paper, and for some, the 12" x 12" One Sheet Wonders were overwhelming.

  She's in Australia so their card sizes are different than ours here in America. Anyway one of her ideas is to cut a 6" x 6" piece of dsp to a layer size first. Here our first layer is typically 5 1/4" x 4.   So that's what I did for the green card. Next, she said to use another layer for the center. She too a 5 1/4" x 4" piece and cut it in half. For us that would be 2 5/8" x 4".  Then add a piece of colored card stock behind it.  Now you have your card design ready to use.

Some people like to make some of these up ahead of time to have masculine or feminine cards ready for a sentiment or image and sentiment.  Sometimes the hardest part of the card is the layout. With that completed, you're good to go.

The grey and navy card were made with the rest of the dsp that I cut. I did a partial navy piece behind. Then looking at the pattern on the dsp, I thought I'd use a square in the direction of the print. There was only a small piece of that 6" x 6" left over. I put it inside the gray card.  Easy, Peasy.
My friend, Emily and I did a One Sheet Wonder several weeks ago. So I made another one without the sentiments stamped. I am giving these to a card ministry who needed masculine cards. This way, she can stamp what she needs instead of having to change things on the cards.

I, myself like one sheet wonders, because it makes me use different layouts. It also enables me to take out punches I haven't used lately. It's a great way to use dsp scraps.
This is called, an Index card on Splitcoaststampers. It is a card that a person stamps all of the stamps from a set on cardstock, then submits it to the Index Cards Gallery.  Check on page one, here, to see what Stampin' Up sets still need an Index card. You type in the ones you can do. Karen will get back to you to let you know you've been assigned that set.  It's quick and easy.  I use my  Stamparatus to line up stamps, then stamp.
This set is called, Thoughtful Blooms. 

I saw this on FB and wanted to share. Many times I see things that speak to me. I thought it might be needed by someone else as well. So I am sharing it here.
This is an incredible story about Danny Gokey and the challenges he's faced in his walk with Christ. Give it a listen.
Check out, I Am Second, with Danny Gokey.

Blessing of the Day: I was sick overnight, but rested today and I'm feeling better. Tim and I worked on a new 1,000 piece puzzle.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...