Thursday, February 13, 2020

Not Our Job


This is a beautiful image and text. It is just as God has directed. We are not here to judge. That's His job. We are here to shine His light to all we meet.
A Sad Day
My dear friend, Emily and her husband had to put their 16 year old cat down last Saturday. Anytime you must do this it is extremely difficult.  Emily asked me if I could go with her to take her cat to the vet. At the last minute her husband was able to go into work late, so he could go with her.  I was so glad it happened that way.  I told her I'd spend the day with her until her husband got home. Who wants to be home alone after losing your cat?

I took her to Culver's restaurant, which recently opened near us in Strongsville. What I love about this place is that your order is cooked after you order it. It comes to the table hot and very tasty! Supposedly the brush the top of the bun with butter, but in the two times I've eaten at this restaurant, I haven't seen or tasted butter on top.  To me there isn't anything better than a fresh beef burger served piping hot to enjoy!

One thing I've never had were, cheese curds fried. They were pretty good.
After lunch we headed to her house for a day of stamping.

 This is a One Sheet Wonder that my Friend, Emily and I worked on last weekend.  I spent the whole day with Emily. This was the prettiest 12" x 12" paper I've seen in a while. Emily and I cut one set for me and she made one as well with a masculine paper. I loved the colors that were in this paper. It made it easy to layer the cards and add sentiments.
 I loved the ideas that were shown for layouts for the cards. Some of these were ones I've never done before. I love One Sheet Wonders (OSW's) because it's easy to make a bunch of cards. This pattern made 14 cards.
I made birthday cards since I send 4-5 out each month for Splitcoaststampers Birthday Random Acts of Kindness.
 This will be the first Valentine's Day my friend will be without her husband. This is the card I'm sending for Valentine's Day. Inside it says, "I'm so glad you are part of my story." I hope it makes her smile.
This is the card I made for Tim. It's supposed to look like a Hershey bar. I hope he likes it. 
 Here's a Valentine Gnome made with the Christmas Tree punch, a 1/2" circle and the beard is made with the Hearts a Flutter framelits from Stampin' Up. These are retired from 2015. The feet are made with the Perennial Flower punch.

Verse of the Day: Psalm 51:1-2
Image result for Psalm 51:1-2


Blessing of the Day: Today Tim and I stayed inside and didn't go anywhere. The weather was crummy. We had sleet that turned to snow.  We didn't want to chance sliding on ice.
I got lots done today. 

Tim and I worked on the 1,000 piece puzzle that's on the kitchen table. It's been fun to work on it together. It's perfect for winter days. Here's is the puzzle we're working on now.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...