Monday, September 14, 2020

September 14, 2020 Simple Woman's Daybook

 For Today September 14, 2020 


This is where it all began

Looking out my window, it is dark outside with only the sound of the wind softly blowing through the trees.

I am thinking, that I have many projects to do. Sometimes it's hard to get started and overwhelming.

I am thankful that God understands and loves me. He is all I need. I'm working on that, I'm definitely not there yet.

One of my favorite things is to sit on my porch with a cup of coffee and read a book and watch the birds, bees and butterflies in the garden.

I am creating more crocheted scarves for Laura's Home.

I am wearing shorts, T-shirt and flip-flops

I am listening
 to Tim Janis on Spotify. When I listen on the TV, he has beautiful videos of landscapes, flowers, birds and butterflies. It's so relaxing to watch.

I am hoping to accomplish more of my tasks tomorrow. Sometimes it's hard to get started.

I am learning that I'm not alone in the way I'm feeling with COVID all around us. Tim and I both have medical issues that put us more at risk, so we aren't out socializing. I miss hugging family and friends the most.

In my kitchen the stove top is CLEAN!  I am so happy that I got the energy to do that. It's one of those jobs that you procrastinate doing and when it's done, you're so happy and proud of how it looks.

In the school room kids around our area are learning from home. If things improve with the virus, they will begin going to school part time and learning at home.

In my garden our plum tomatoes are falling off the vine. We've been enjoying eating them in different ways. Last night we mixed them with other things like snap peas, onions, and carrots with dressing. Tonight we enjoyed tomatoes just picked from the garden! Nothing better than home grown tomatoes.

A moment from my day 
This is the box I take photos of my cards. Chloe decided it was a nice spot to rest. I guess she's next in line to have her picture taken! LOL

I was playing around with making explosion cards. I think I'll make a video of this. I really enjoyed making this.

This is another card I made with bright, happy paper. I love the collection of paper in the Plaid Tidings designer series paper from Stampin' Up.

In my class today, I showed how to use a direct to paper technique to enhance the bricks on this dry embossed sheet of cardstock. I love the white washed look of it.  This was suggested by Tim when I showed him one of the cards I was making for class.


Verse of the Day: Proverbs 13:10




Blessings of the Day: Tim and I brought the plants in from the back porch.  It was such a sad, day. It's sad because that means that summer's over and winter is coming.
Today I taught a card class on Zoom. The ladies liked the cards we made, especially the 3-D card.  This is a sample card that I made for my mom. I wanted something that was a bit different for her room.

Here's a beautiful song by Lauren Daigle called, Everything. Check it out.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom



No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...