Thursday, October 22, 2020

For Today October 22, 2020

 

 For Today October 22, 2020 



This is where it all began

 

Looking out my window, and the sun has just come out. We've had a rainy few days. Last night we had thunderstorms throughout the night. I think we hit a record for rainfall in a day.



I am thinking, that the trees which line our street are filled with such gorgeous colors of red, orange, yellow and brown. They are so beautiful they make you smile.

I am thankful that Tim is almost finished remodeling the master bathroom! He started remodeling our whole house room by room, two years ago. It's amazing the transformation that has taken place!

One of my favorite things is listening to music from my past and read a good book. Right Now I'm reading, If I Were You by Lynn Austin.




I am creating a new scarf which is white and pastel pink and green. I had just run out of yarn and was at the point where I needed to buy some. God provided yarn. I got a text from a friend asking if I could use yarn.  I received it today so I started a scarf.

I am wearing long sleeves, jeans and shoes if you can believe it. I hate to wear shoes but it's too cold not to.

I am listening to songs by Luther Vandross. I just loved his songs. This is how I remember him. I listened to him in his early years. 


I am hoping to get my errands done early today. I have lots to do around here as well. I need to design a third card for my class next month. I also need to design a 3-D item.

Here are some of my recent cards.







 

I am learning that the longer COVID19 goes on, the more distant we become with each other. Tim and I talked about the holidays and what we were going to do. He said he'd prefer we don't have people over, even the kids. They work in high traffic areas, one works in the library, one in a pharmacy and one at a hospital.

Both Tim and I have conditions that would make the virus worse.

 

In my kitchen a pot of chili is cooking. I love making extra so I can freeze it and have left overs the next week.


In the school room I continue to try new things. I saw a card called, a Triple Step Card. The videos I found were made by ladies in England and were 5" x 7". I wanted to make one that was 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" when finished. 

So I've been working on making my own pattern. I sure used my Math skills tonight. I had to find out what 5 1/2" divided by 3 was!

In my garden roses and butterfly bushes continue to bloom. We picked all of our green tomatoes. We're letting some ripen and some will be fried. We love fried green tomatoes!

 


A Moment From My Day: Here's Chloe at the top of the stairs looking like she's going to jump through the bars. She was just showing off.

I found this online and it really spoke to me. We are so judgmental even when we don't recognize it in ourselves. We're so quick to point out short-comings in others without thinking. It's not our job to judge others. God says, we're to love one another like God loved the church.

Verse of the Day: Psalm 45:10



Check out this beautiful song by Big Daddy Weave here.

Blessings of the Day: Tim is putting the backsplash up in the master bathroom. He will grout it tomorrow and begin to put the faucets in.

I got to stamp for a few hours with a friend on Facetime. Sometimes my friend and I follow directions to make new things. Today however, we worked on finishing cards we'd started.

I received yarn and paper from my friend.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,

Bensarmom






 


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...