Saturday, November 7, 2020

I belong to a group on Splitcoaststampers called, Crafters of Faith. Each month we have a challenge which is linked to a Bible verse. Here's the challenge for this month. 

November 2020 Hostess/Vickie

Scripture:Nehemiah 9:6 (NKJV) You alone are the Lord; You have made heaven, The heaven of heavens, with all their host, The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, And You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You.

Challenge: Anything Goes! Use the scripture to inspire your card.




I stamped many things of this earth. God made them all.

I stamped white cardstock with flowers from Beautiful Friend. Then I used a rectangle die to cut out a frame. I stamped the center and added a daisy in the corner. I added wink of stella to the daisy.

This cactus has been in a south-facing window and looks gorgeous right now filled with buds. It blooms a few times a year and looks fantastic when it does. This will have white flowers.
It looks like from the images below, that I have a Thanksgiving Cactus. I have two other plants, I'll have to check them out to see what kind they are.

The color challenge today is mossy meadow, mango melody, pumpkin pie and terracotta tile. The bonus was to make a Thanksgiving card.
I cut out the wreaths first and layered them with the mango on the bottom, then terracotta tile, then mossy meadow. I stamped, and cut the flower and leaves. I added a small dimensional to the back of each leaf and flower. I added the flower then the leaves. The last thing added was the bow with linen thread doubled.

Here is my inspiration for my card: 
I used the circles of the balloons and the light colors as my inspiration.
I stamped in black ink and colored the kitty with Prismacolor Colored pencils. I added diamond glaze to his glasses. I stamped the bokeh dots behind him and added books for him to sit on. I dry embossed the dots and sponged them with so saffron and blushing bride.
I added the image with dimensionals.

The challenge today was to use mixed media in a card and tell a story. I used ink and colored pencils.
Llama tell you a story...
It happened years ago when my twin and I were little.
We were invited to a very special party. We had to dress up in our best clothes.
When we arrived at the party we saw all of our friends playing games, laughing and having fun. When it was time to sit down to eat we noticed these funny looking sandwiches. They weren't cut like we were used to. Instead of being cut like a cross, like our mama did, they were cut with an X. Our friend's mom said they were cut in party pieces! Fancy parties cut their sandwiches this way to make it easier to pick up and eat. What a fun thing we learned that day. Now when our mom makes a sandwich for us we ask her to cut it in party pieces. She knows it makes us feel very special to have our sandwiches cut like that. She said, Some day when you have your own family, maybe you'll cut their sandwiches in an X to show them how special they are. And you know what? That's exactly what I did!
The End


Our challenge was to watercolor die cut paper. I cut the umbrella out with a die. I punched out flowers. I watercolored the umbrella then the flowers. I framed the umbrella and added flowers to it. I stamped the sentiment and added it with dimensionals. The frame was added with foam adhesive strips. I folded the petals up on some of the flowers. I used a neutral plaid so the flowers and umbrella would stand out.

Our challenge was to make a card which showed light. This is one of my favorite Gerda sets and the SU string of lights is an oldie from 2002 I think.
I stamped the string of lights and added yellow around the bulbs to make it look like they shine. The cat was stamped then colored with copic markers. Clear wink of stella was added to the lights.

Memories and More

Thinking of Mom, Dottie Porto right now. She used to cut our sandwiches into party pieces. What a wonderful memory. Thanks mama.


Thinking of Gramps; John Porto Sr. tonight. I made Angel hair aglio Olio.  Sometimes when I'd visit on Wednesday evening for dinner, he'd make the most delicious meal for us.  
First he'd brown garlic; lots of garlic. Then he'd add olive oil. Lastly, he'd add the cooked pasta to cast iron skillet which was well seasoned, and stir it in the pan until it was hot.
Then we'd sit down at the table and use the cheese grater to add parmesan cheese.  Sweet, sweet, memories.
This is one of my favorite photos of Gramps.

   

Well, finding lots to do here since we've been staying close to home. Never a boring moment.
Praying you will all stay safe.
Blessings,
Sue




No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...