Saturday, November 21, 2020

For Today November 20, 2020

 


 For Today November 20, 2020 










This is where it all began

 

Looking out my window, it is dark outside. With changing the clocks back an hour, it's dark at 5 p.m.  By 7 p.m. it feels like 10 p.m. I hate this changing of the clocks.

I am thinking, that I need to get my Thanksgiving cards addressed and sent out this weekend.  I've had them made for weeks, but haven't gotten them written yet.

I am thankful that Tim has finished the master bathroom.





One of my favorite things is getting gifts for the kids.  They love making S'mores so now that they are living together, this is a gift all of them can use.




I am creating crocheted scarves for Laura's Home. I'm praying we'll be able to drop them off. COVID19 has gotten worse in our area and we have a stay at home advisory.

I am wearing a t-shirt, jeans and shoes! I hate wearing shoes. Now that it's cooler, it's a must, especially if I'm running errands.


I am listening
 to Yiruma. Give it a listen at this link. To me it's so soothing and relaxing music.

 


I am hoping to get more ideas for Christmas gifts. The kids asked if we could keep it simple. So, I'm looking for a few gifts and some stocking stuffers.

 

I am learning there isn't much I can do on the days where my depression is strong, except pray.

 

In my kitchen we've tried some new recipes for pork chops and pork sirloin.





In the school room I am continuing to learn new card making techniques. I'm also making card samples I've seen that will be used in my classes.  I am having so much fun making cards with a couple of friends on FaceTime. 

It's the only way we can get together right now. One friend and I plan what we want to do. Next time we stamp, we're going to do stencil embossing! 

In my garden we have roses still blooming, lavender in bloom and strawberries ripening!







 A moment from my day 

I used the stamp set, Arrange a Wreath, to stamp fall and Christmas wreaths. I added fun images for the Christmas Wreaths.

I am reading, If I Were You, by Lynn Austin. It is a good book which was recommended by a friend. It is a Christian book as well as a good read. It takes place during WWII.



Blessing of the Day: I got to stamp with a dear friend. Our challenge today was to use Gerda Steiner stamps. She makes some of the cutest stamp sets ever!  Here is the stamp set I worked with today. This isn't my card, but the cute cat was fun to use.



 



Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,

Bensarmom


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...