Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving Eve 2020

 The Day Before Thanksgiving 2020

Christmas lights are twinkling and shining bright,

outside in the darkness before Thanksgiving night.

Such a miserable year 2020 has been

Yet, in spite of all of it we've learned,

to be thankful for the little things,

 like dinner together, time to talk and laugh, and play games to pass the 

time. 

We've become closer as family without really trying.

We all benefit from this time we spend

together making memories and more.

Thank you Jesus for all the gifts,

you've given this year. 

With COVID running rampant,

 we stay safe doing what we need to. 

We grow closer to those we love,

oh thank you to you Jesus Christ.

It's exactly what we all needed!

THANK YOU! 


Alcohol Ink Marble Technique was the technique challenge on SCS, Monday.
What a fun techinque. Here's the video for the technique.
I did the alcohol ink marble technique. When it was dry I dry embossed it with snow. I tore paper to make a hill at the bottom and dry embossed that also. I added wink of stella to the snow, snowman and ornaments. I used colored pencils to color the images. I added dimensionals to the snowman, the heart and the ornaments. I used liquid applique on the chick's hats then heated it.


These cards were made using the Stampin' Up set, Arrange A Wreath. Two are using Christmas colors and 2 use fall colors. These were fun to make as well as quick and easy.

Tim's room is almost done in this picture. You can see how he's covering the wall with wooden planks. It's interesting how this is done. The special wood that is shown in the middle and bottom is nailed to the studs. then the wood planks are nailed to the under boards. That way, if someone wanted to remove the wood wall, they would just have to remove the wood from the studs and not tear the wall up. Genius, I say.  I like how I get to learn things when Tim learns them.

Verse of the Day:Isaiah 12:4



Jeremy Camp, Keep Me In The Moment, is the song for today. Give it a listen.


Blessing of the Day: I got to stamp with Jan. She lives alone and loves to make cards. Today we learned a new technique called, Alcohol Ink Marbling.  We also learned how to run a stencil through our embossing machine. It's a great way to get more from your stencils!

I got to spend time with Tim. He moved many things into his new office.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....