Saturday, November 28, 2020

After Thanksgiving and Black Friday

 

My Inspiration is Child's Christmas Figures, https://www.christmastraditions.com/...mas-decor.html


I stamped in memento tuxedo black and colored the images with Prismacolor Colored pencils. I masked the tree and boy and sponged clouds in the sky. I put versamark on the bottom of the card and used heat and stick powder to attach the white flock to the ground. I removed the masks and added liquid applique and red rhinestones.


I came across this sweet picture yesterday. It is my grandfather (97) with Ben (20 months) on his lap. Gramps loved little ones. It was wonderful to have time with him and his great grandchildren. He met Sarah, who was born 10 months after this picture was taken.
 
A dear friend and I stamped this week and chose to use Gerda Steiner stamps. This is Meowy Christmas. I used a technique called, alcohol inks marbling. Then I embossed the string of lights. I colored the lights with colored pencils.
This image is another Gerda Steiner set called, Snowman Friends. The background was an embossed stencil which was sponged with distress oxide inks. I tore paper to make the snow banks, then I dry embossed the snowflakes on them.  The hats have liquid applique on them that was heated.
This background is alcohol ink marbling with blue and a touch of green. The snow bank is covered with white flock.
This background was a stencil dry embossed, then colored with ink. The snow is flock.
I had pieces of backgrounds made with the alcohol ink marbling technique so I cut one in two and made two tags. The tags were run through the Snowfall embossing folder then colored a bit with my SU chalk marker. I used the delightful tag topper punch then added ribbon and twine. The images were colored with Prismacolor colored pencils. The images were added with dimensionals. Yellow wink of stella was used on the star.

Thanksgiving was nice, but too  quiet. I'm used to having the kids  here, This picture made me laugh. It brightened my spirits a bit so I had to share it.

Tim got the rug for his office. Chloe went crazy running and jumping around on it.


Verse of the Day: Romans 12:16

Blessings of the Day: I got errands done today. I stamped with a dear friend for a few hours on FaceTime. I got to spend time with Tim. He's not so tired now that the huge house projects are done!

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,

Bensarmom





No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...