Monday, May 24, 2021

A Mish Mash

 This is a picture of part of our garden. Behind it you can see the pile of mulch that we needed to spread all over our yard yesterday. We worked from 2:15-5:15 and got it done. The kids showered and were ready to eat by 6 p.m.

I had dinner ready by then. Everyone was famished with all the work we had done. There was not much talking, but a lot of eating! LOL

We are so appreciative of the help the kids gave us. It was a partly-sunny and warm day. When the sun was gone and there was a breeze, it was perfect for working outside.


What a sweet blessing came to our side garden this week. A baby deer was left by mama in a safe spot until she returned. Tim found this sweet thing when he was cutting the lawn.  Mama came back about 4 p.m.


We've had some hot days already and Chloe loves to sunbathe. She rolls over on her back and sleeps or watches for chipmunks in the garden. What a life, huh?

We have two crab apple trees. This is the pink one. Each May they bloom and look gorgeous for a week or so. Then the rains come and wash them all away.

Here is the inspiration for my card:

I slanted only the sentiment. I used a stencil for a design on my dsp, instead of paper. I used a little gopher instead of Santa. I kept the card vertical and used a stripe instead of a plaid. The color is similar.
I stamped and colored the gopher. I stamped the glasses in brown then used a black marker to go over them. I added diamond glaze to the glasses to give the appearance of glass. I used a blending brush to stencil on the front of the card. The image and sentiment were added with dimensionals.


Our challenge was to make a card with moonlight.
I stamped, cut out and colored the owls. I stamped and colored the branches. I placed a square with a circle punched out of it on the paper then used a dauber to color the moon. Then I took a stipple brush and used smoky slate ink to make it look like night. I stamped the sentiments then added the owls with dimensionals. The image panel was backed with orange paper from Fine Art Floral dsp. I embossed hearts onto the card base, then added the image panel.


Our colors this week were, Pear pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry and Highland Heather. Dessert was to make flowers.
I stamped all of the images then used dies to cut them out. I stamped the bricks onto the soft suede paper with soft suede ink. I added the images to the designer paper then added the flowers and flower pot with dimensionals.

This has been a busy, busy week. Tim has been busy digging out dirt and grass to edge flower beds to get ready for mulching.  Yesterday the kids came by to help mulch the whole yard. There's no way Tim and I could have done it ourselves.

We feed them and they will come! LOL
We fed them fettuccini with chicken, lasagna and chicken parmesan with garlic bread. To them, not much is better than pasta, so dinner is easy.

Verse of the Day: If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 1 John 4:15


This is a new song by Toby Mac called, Help is on the Way (Maybe Midnight).  Give it a listen.


Blessings of the Day: Tim finished spreading the last of the mulch early this morning.
Ben stopped by and baked chocolate chip cookies for youth group tonight.
He and I listened to the Indian's Game on the radio. They lost 8-5.
Ben helped me with looking at stats on my computer.
Tim and I got to sit outside this evening on the back porch.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom


No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...