Thursday, August 12, 2021

28th Anniversary with Tim

 Last week was our 28th wedding anniversary. We went to an Italian restaurant then to a fun lake and park. It was too hot and muggy to stay out for very long. We took a short walk then went back to the coolness of our car.

Last year with COVID, we couldn't go to a restaurant. We went to Coe Lake in Berea and explored all around. We hadn't been there since they'd transformed it into a beautiful place with a gazebo, a covered picnic area, lots of trails, and areas where there were benches to sit on in the shade.

I have to say that is the most memorable anniversary ever. I think because we did something out of the ordinary.

Where did those two youngsters go?


Check out this card made for today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The bears are in a new stamp set I acquired. It is called, Count on me. I've seen some really cute cards with this set. I'm not the first to draw clothes on the bears, but I was excited that I was able to draw lines to make it look like clothes on the bears! I can't draw a straight line, that's why I stamp and color. LOL

  Challenge: use something from your home to inspire your card creations this week. Choose a collectible, a home accessory like a curtain or a pillow, a picture or wall hanging.

These little bears sit in my studio by my Big Shot. They were a gift from DH years ago.

I stamped the bear then stamped on acetate and rubbed the image onto white cardstock for the reverse image. I drew clothes in pencil then traced in black Sharpie. Finally I colored the bears and added the gold heart and sentiment.

I've been busy this week holding card making classes. I'll post the cards soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,

Bensarmom

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...