Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Whoo Hoo, Back to You

Well, things here are finally slowing down and becoming manageable. Tim's dad has moved in with us since the end of August, and it's been more difficult than I thought it would be. All parties had a tough time adjusting.  That's expected for sure. However, we thought dad was more independent than he is. Lots of quirks we see now that we're living with him.  It's just like a kid, you pick your battles. Dad is going to  be 94 in May.


I've been trying to give him things to do so he feels useful. I have to be very careful though because he falls easily.  We got him a 4-prong cane and the Dr. took him off meds. because they could have made him dizzy.

He fell twice before we go the cane. One time meant a trip to the ER. We weren't able to go, due to COVID.  He seems to be doing better.

I had to include this picture of my Bible Study Partner, Chloe. Every time I put papers on my desk, she comes to rest on them. Some days it's hard to get anything done. I have to shoo her away so many times. 


I've gotten some new stamping items from the new mini catalog. This card shows the beautiful designer paper called New Horizons. It is a paper pack that is watercolored. You just have to add a sentiment or some stamps to fill in the background.

This card is for my son's 27th birthday.  He and his wife will have our first grandchild, at the end of March. We are so excited!


Sadly, my brother told us his son and his wife, lost their second child due to miscarriage. We are greatly saddened. We know that God needed that little babe before he met the world. We pray healing to all of the family, especially the parents.

The next few pictures are from a new stamp set called, In The Moment. I really enjoy coloring these types of images. I am featuring this set in my class this month so I wanted to have a few samples with techniques to show.

The first card has an embossed brick background where I've added curtains.


The next two cards show water coloring with fussy cutting. I added it to a pre-made background.
The next card shows a sponged background for clouds and a paper pieced dress. The dress was stamped then the dress cut out and put on top of the first image.

This next card is using the pre-made background paper. I stamped and cut out the watering can, pots and seed packets. Once they were added, I added stickles to look like water pouring out of the spout.
The last card was made for Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge. The colors were smoky slate, gorgeous grape, crushed curry and a green of our choice. I chose soft succulent.  I added smoky slate ink to the doily then added it to the card.  This is the set, Flowing Flowers. The fonts are amazing in this set!


Verse of The Day: Romans 6:23
God's gift to all of us, is the gift of eternal life with Him. It's FREE and so easy to do.

Do You Want To Be Saved?

Perhaps you’ve felt unworthy of salvation because of your past. Perhaps you’ve thought good works and keeping rules saved you. Maybe you thought you were saved because you were baptized or prayed a prayer, without experiencing a change of heart.
The good news is that Jesus is calling you to trust and believe that he has done all the work. Jesus' death, burial and resurrection means we are forgiven and set free to live an abundant life with God here on earth and in eternity.

If you are ready to believe and receive God's gift of salvation, simply talk to God and commit your life Him:
"Dear Lord Jesus, I admit that I’ve fallen short. I’ve sinned and need your forgiveness. I believe that You lived, died and rose again so that I could be connected to God. I confess you as my Lord and commit my life to You. I give you my past, present and future. Take my life and use it. I give it to You. Amen."

Check out this song by Micah Tyler called, Walking Free



Blessings of the Day:
I woke with a nasty headache which God took away for most of the day so I could get some work done.
I worked with Dad to sign birthday cards for all the family members who have birthdays this month.
I had time with Dad watching his favorite show, Little House on The Prairie. 
I will get my quiet time soon.

Blessings,
Bensarmom


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...