Monday, June 27, 2022

Crushers' Cards, Cleaning

 

Tonight I went to the Lake Erie Crushers with Ben, Rachel, Mia Sunshine, Brianna and Sarah. What a fun game we saw. The Crushers won 13-3.  What's fun is we take turns holding Mia, so if you're not holding her you're watching the game or eating or laughing and talking.



My poor baby sunshine was so tired that she resisted falling asleep. You know what that's like, she cries, then chews on the pacifier, whimpers, smiles, cries, etc. She is also drooling a lot and is chewing on the pacifier, not sucking on it.  We think, teething is near.



Today we opened the pool! Yes! I have waited for this since May 30th.  Tim's been so busy working on the house for the kids that it was hard to fit getting the pool uncovered and ready to to swim in.  Tim got the pool filled then found out the filter system didn't work.  It was old so he didn't want to try to fix it. 


He sent away for one and from shipping there was a small crack in it that would leak water if he used it. He decided instead of sending this one back and waiting another week for a new one, he'd use the old housing with all of the other new stuff.   He said if  he needed to replace it, he could get it locally for $65.

So today I vacuumed the pool and I will do it again tomorrow and it should be great for swimming.


Here is the inspiration for my cards today. I liked the unusual cut of the designer series paper, so I used that with the 3D brick and mortar embossing folder.
These pigeons, are a Gerda Steiner stamp set. I wanted to make a scene for them, so I dragged ink pads over the embossed paper of the bricks, then added the designer series paper and added these sweet birds. They sure made me smile.


This is the inspiration for my next card.


The cool thing about this tree scene is, these aren't trees, they are the wisteria from wisteria wishes stamp set.  




This card is called a twisted ribbon. Isn't this a cool card, that looks difficult to make?  It isn't that difficult at all. I found it hereStarts at 13:45This is a great project to make with masculine papers. It looks like neck ties.

Here are 5 cards with tea and pigeon images that I had fun putting together.
The tea items are from a set my friend let me make when she visited.  The pigeons are from the Gerda Steiner stamp set, Pigeons.
The doilies are left overs from the Heart and Home bundle from Stampin' Up.  The designer series paper is, Hand Penned, one of my favorite papers.



I've been working on a 6 x 6 scrapbook of Mia. Tim got me a mini printer that prints 2x3" pictures. This is one of my favorite sets of pages.
I can't believe how quickly she's changing.  It's truly a miracle that seems to 'just happen'. However, I know that God has planned every, little thing for this precious child.

Speaking of changes, here's a song by Kathy Troccoli, called, Everything Changes. She is a Christian singer that I was listening to in the mid-nineties.  This song is one I used when I ran the track at the gym. It would get me going as I sung it. Isn't it funny, that every time I hear it, I'm right back at that track?

Verse of the Day: Micah 7:8


Blessings of the Day:
I listened to Truth For Life, by Alistair Begg. His sermon today was, things to do to keep your marriage, strong.

Had coffee while I listened to Alistair.

It was nice enough outside, that we didn't need air conditioning.  I love sitting on the screened in porch.

Tim got the bathroom wall next to the tub, ready to add tile.

I made chili  which will last us several days. I love eating day-old chili. It thickens up so well.

I woke up today.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your time here.
Blessings,
Bensarmom






























1 comment:

Joy said...

I enjoyed seeing your scrapbook cards. And Kathy Troccoli ... oh my, took me right back to when we were raising our three little girls. Right back to the nineties. Thanks for the visit.

Joy

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....