Saturday, July 30, 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook for today, July 29, 2022

 

For Today, July 29, 2022

It all started here.



Looking out my window it is dark and quiet now.  We had a wonderful, weather day. It was warm without humidity. I was able to sit on the patio and enjoy looking at the garden and all of its activity.
Right now there is a lot of activity around the two butterfly bushes.



I am thinking that my nice, warm, raspberry tea is just what I needed tonight. There is a chill in the air and for me that's one of the best times to drink tea.  Tonight it's the kind of time where I can swallow and let the warmth relax me.


I am thankful that I got to speak to my twin sister this week.  God knows when to bring these things into my life, of course.  My sister is a visiting nurse who sees clients daily. She may see someone in the morning to get them up and dressed, then in the evening come back and get them ready for bed. So her days are divided into little blocks of time where she's available to talk.

I got to swim tonight. The water was warm enough so I could get on the raft and rest and relax while I floated on the water. This was so needed tonight. No, that's not me in the raft, but it gives you the idea of how easy it is to relax and close your eyes as you drift around in the pool.



One of my favorite things is of course, my Baby Sunshine. I was so sad Wednesday when the kids cancelled their class due to lack of attendance.  I had been looking forward to seeing Baby Sunshine, all day. I'm finding when I'm feeling down, I just have to find a video of her to watch, and my smile goes from ear to ear.

Baby Sunshine is 4 1/2 months old now. She's found her thumb and uses it to soothe herself when needed.



I am creating cards for my sister to use for her clients. I've sent her a box full of cards for different occasions, so she can use them for herself and for donating to anyone she'd like.
Today I received a box full of books she's read. On top of all of the books was an envelope. Inside was one of my own cards which she had written in.  It was a bit strange to open a card that I had made. It was wonderful of course. It brought back memories of making the card.



I am wearing a short sleeve top, jean shorts and my pastel Crocs.



I will begin reading a book from my sister called, Lady in the Attic by Tara Randel.



I am hoping to get a lot done tomorrow. I need to finalize my cards for the August class. I want to make a One Sheet Wonder with 4 cards. I'm hoping to teach a different technique for each background. Sometimes it sounds so great in my mind, then it flops.....but I've got to try.  This is a sample made by Mary Knabe that I might use for my layout of cards. I just have to make it my own with changes and techniques.



I am learning that only God can keep us together.

In the kitchen, Tim and I made beef stroganoff tonight. There's nothing like it. Tim makes such a great-tasting sauce. There's just the right amount of butter in it! LOL


In the school room, all is quiet. I saw ads for Back to School already. I had 35 years of  Back to School ads in August. That's when the stress of returning for another school year would begin. It was almost like school began in August. I'd start planning my room, decide how many days I'd need to set up my room, and what type of name tags for desks, and decorations for the room I'd need. It was exhausting before I even got to school!



In my garden I'm afraid to admit there are tall weeds in some of the areas. The deer are once again enjoying some of my produce, which means we probably won't get to enjoy it at all.


Verse of the Day: John 3:36
Life is so difficult knowing God, how do people live each day apart from God?


Blessings of the Day
I got up early for an 8:30 a.m. appointment.

I got quiet time with God and my Bible.

I got a 2 hour nap.

Tim and I cooked together.

I chose a new book to read.

I was introduced to a few book titles about WWII which I've ordered from the library.

I was able to write another blog post.

I am going to bed at an earlier time than all of this week.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've enjoyed your time here.
May God richly bless you and keep you.
Blessings,
Bensarmom




No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...