Monday, January 29, 2024

Pigeons, Pizza, Howling Birthdays

 

With Sale-a-Bration in full swing, I wanted to play with a set called, Watercolor Melon which is FREE with a $50 purchase.  

When I saw the triangle slices, I immediately saw, Pizza! So I stenciled a red and white tablecloth and added a pizza with pepperoni and peppers.  I made this card to show customers a different use for the Free SAB set, Watercolor Melon. I stamped the triangles in daffodil stamped off once. The crust was crumb cake using the rind of the watermelon. I used SU watercolor pencils to add red and yellow to the pizza then used a blender pen to get a soft cheese and sauce look. I used garden green to stamp the rinds and cut them thinner to make my green peppers.  The pepperoni is cherry cobbler paper with a 1/2" circle punch. I played around with dots to make the circles look more like pepperoni on the slice of pizza.

The background from Artistic Mix Decorative Masks uses sweet sorbet ink blended with blending brushes on white card stock. Shapes were fussy cut and added to the background with Stampin Dimensionals.


Here's a card where I learned how to add to the interest of my card by repeating a pattern vertically. I also learned that the watermelon will look more realistic if I stamp with lemon lime twist on top of garden green. You can stamp the garden green off once if you like.


I wanted to show my customers how to use the Stampin' Up plaid masks to add to the background. I used a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of whisper white to stencil. Then I cut that in half so I could use it on two cards. We tend to think our stenciling should take up the whole background.
The sentiments are from SU Sending Smiles stamp and die set.

The images were all fussy cut and added to the background. The card base is sweet sorbet to match the watermelon color. I cut out a couple of seeds and added them to the sentiment. The seeds were colored with black Wink of Stella.

The challenge on Splitcoaststampers Technique Challenge today was to emboss a stenciled piece. I used blending brushes to color the panel light to dark. Then I used the 3D embossing folder. To get the ragged edge I used my trimmer. I stamped and colored the pigeons with Copic markers. The panel was added with dimensionals. The image was backed with cajun craze cardstock, while the card base is Calypso Coral.

Did you know if you try to trim thin white cardstock that has been embossed with a 3D embossing folder, with a paper trimmer with a track, that it will rip your paper?  I liked how it looked. It was more random that I could make ripping the paper.
I was experimenting with using an embossing folder on my designer series paper. I'm making a get well card for my brother-in-law. They have a dog similar to the dog on top.
This was colored with Derwent colored pencils then colored with a blender pen. The stars are colored with blue Wink of Stella. The stamp set is from Gerda Steiner, Howl are you?


Here's another with an embossed piece of designer series paper. I learned a new technique from Lydia on Wednesday's post. Paper piecing with Washi Tape. Check out the tutorial, HERE.

Verse of the Day: Matthew 16:26  What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?




Blessing of the Day-I was able to stamp with a friend and complete a couple of cards.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom







No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...