Friday, September 29, 2023

Card Challenge: Clean and Simple Christmas and Cement

 The challenge today was to make a clean and simple Christmas card. I've had this holly stamp set out on my desk for two days and wanted to use it. I stamped in the top and corners to make this a clean and simple card. After stamping the holly and berries, I added pine needles and some dots from Christmas Season. The sentiment is from Joyful Christmas.  It's unusual for me to use three stamp sets for one card.


I'm feeling like a little kid right now. There's a huge cement mixer in front of our house. It's filling a motorized wheelbarrow which is going to the backyard of neighbors across the street. We think they are getting a new patio.  Not sure though.

 We often joke, that my dad would have known what was going on. He was always in 'the know' in our neighborhood growing up.  At times like this Tim and I say, "Bill would know."  LOL

We will be going out to lunch, after the lunch rush today. We go to a great deli in Berea called, Cafe' Ah Roma.  Berea is a college town, so it's always fun to visit this cafe to see what students are up to. Some days we feel very old. Some days, not so much.

This place has great wraps. I love to get a turkey, club wrap. They put turkey, lettuce, tomato, bacon and mayo on the wrap. YUM!  This is the only time I eat bacon.

I was supposed to have Mia today, but her mommy is sick, so she stayed home with her. I was looking forward to having her today. Ben was going to pick Mia up and stay for dinner. I guess Rachel was going to go to a comedy special with Brianna tonight. Not sure that's going to happen though.

Mia is now 18 months. What a joy she is. She plays with toys and you can see how much she uses her imagination. She has the toys interact. Her favorite spot right now is the window ledge in my craft room. She will kneel there for a long time and play.

When Mia doesn't want you around, she'll say, "Bye-Bye". She dismisses you! We saw this a lot on vacation. She was letting us know she didn't need to be entertained. She was capable of playing without the adults.



I can't believe it will be October, Sunday. These months seem to fly by. Maybe the older you get, the faster time goes. I'm not sure, but I am sure that I don't want to see Fall arrive. That means swimming weather is over and Winter is not far behind!

I do like that Football season has begun. We can watch games on tv. We don't have to have cable or incur a huge fee monthly to watch our teams like we do with baseball. So, I just listen to the games on my computer or phone.
Basketball season begins in October, so we will also have the Cavs to watch as well as the Browns.




Verse of the Day: Mark 8:29  He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered and said to Him, "You are the Christ."


Blessings of the Day: Tim's eye is healing from surgery Tuesday. 
 I'm getting lots of business stuff done. 
I've been able to make Thanksgiving, Fall and Christmas cards for a local hospital. I went through all of the 12" x 12" paper that was given to me and cut it down to 4" x 6".  It is easier for me to use that way. This designer series paper is all retired, so It doesn't need to be 12" x 12" anymore.
 I've also been able to work on my first afghan of the year. I was texted by a friend that their church is partnering with a local school. This school is 83% Free Lunch students. They have a lot of needs. So it will be great to be able to make afghans for them.

Thanks for dropping by,
Blessings,
Bensarmom











No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...