Sunday, September 24, 2023

The Simple Woman's Daybook for Sunday, September 24, 2023

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for Sunday, September 24, 2023

It all began here.

The Simple Woman’s Daybook

FOR TODAY September 24, 2023

Outside My Window...It's a cool, cloudy day. However, our Cleveland Browns WON their game today, 27-3 over the Titans! After last week's loss to Pittsburgh and the loss of Nick Chubb, this game was a bright spot in the day.

                     
Myles Garrett has 3 1/2 sacks today!

I am thinking... I love the week after my card classes. I get to stamp on anything I want! Then it will be, get back to planning for the next card class.

This is one of the cards we made this month. It was made with The Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks from the Sept.-Dec. Mini Stampin' Up Catalog.  After the card was made, I dry embossed it with a brick wall pattern to give it texture.



I am thankful for...Tim and Ben. Tim helped Ben build a wood holder yesterday. Ben and Rachel invited us to dinner. What a great time I had playing with Mia!  She and I can play and laugh and forget anyone else in the house!

From the kitchen... all is quiet. Tacos and Taco salad will be prepped for dinner, soon.

I am wearing... socks, shoes, jeans and a sweatshirt. I don't like leaving summer and head into fall. Pool will be closed up soon.

I am creating... Cards for Southwest General Hospital. This local hospital puts a greeting card on patient food trays. Isn't that a great thing to do? The cards are all handmade with sentiments of, Thinking of You, Hang in There, or Get Well.






I am going... to work on some Thanksgiving Cards for Southwest Hospital. I am excited to try using a variation of the baby wipe technique to color the stamps.

I am reading...The Ghost of Christmas Past by Rhys Bowen. It is a mystery. I've read several of her mysteries before, so I'm anxious to see how this one comes out.



I am hoping... Tim's eye surgery goes well, Tuesday.

I am hearing... the music from the WOW Hits 2023 CD on Spotify. It seems that some of the songs are older than this year, but, I'm listening anyway.


Around the house... all is quiet. The Brown's Game is over and Tim's spending time on the back porch.

One of my favorite things... is beginning a new afghan. I make afghans for a local church who donates them to a school they work with. Right now I'm working on a child's sized afghan.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
I have some tests Monday, Tim has eye surgery Tuesday with a check up Wednesday and we'll see Mia Friday. Saturday we're going to a Mac and Cheese Festival. Have you ever heard of that? In our area it's new. It's at the baseball stadium that Ben and Brianna have season tickets. I guess it's a carnival setting where restaurants bring their mac and cheese. You can sample it from different restaurants.  We've never been to it, but we're going as a family.

Here are some pictures I thought were worth sharing...


Amen to that! God is bigger than any problem we have.  This statement has gotten me through some very tough times in my life.  

I'm feeling like I'm going through a dry period in my life where I don't feel the closeness of God.  Tim gave me something to read by Jeanne Guyon called, Final Steps in Christian Maturity.  Lots of challenges for me in here. He said it's normal to feel this way, and I know that because I've been here before but it still doesn't make it any easier.  I find though that these are the times I learn the most.

Thanks for stopping by,

Blessing from Today: Tim and I had a laid-back day going into a busy week.





No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...