Hey Everybody,
Today's card is one I saw on Connie Stewart's blog. Easy Circle Punch Card Ideas with a Fun Mid Century Modern Twist
Connie has a great video and a project sheet you can download. The project sheet doesn't include the different things you need to do once you get your supplies together, though. That's why I did photos to help make it quick and easy to see how to do this card.
You need: a 1 3/4" punch OR you can use a die.
3 colors of cardstock that go well together. Punch out 2 circles of each of the three colors.
4 squares that are 2 1/2"
2 white or vanilla squares 2 1/2"
2 squares that go with the other colors you've chosen for circles. 2 1/2"
2 pieces of white or vanilla for your card front and inside. each are 4" x 5 1/4"
1 card base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Cut all of the circles in half with scissors or paper trimmer. Arrange your circles on squares like this. I put the fresh freesia paper on the highland heather paper because it matched the softness of the color better than the harsher grape of spruce colors.
The colors I chose were colors in the designer series paper I've been using called, Perennial Lavender. I'm trying to use it up. I hate to have such pretty paper sitting in a drawer when it can brighten someone's day.
Take your 4 squares with the attached circles and center then in your 1 3/4" punch or die.
If you want to use a layer behind your circles, Connie used a 1 7/8" circle punch.
To put the card together, put the colored circles top and bottom.
Then position the other two with whichever color you'd like in the center. For me this was harder than it looked.
Here's my finished card. I dry embossed my card and added a sentiment, ribbon and gems.
Well, there you have it, a quick, easy card with circles and squares. I hope you give it a try. It's fun to give it a twist and add your style to it like I did with the dry embossing and with using the pieces Connie threw out.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Sue




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment