Friday, August 21, 2026

 Hey Everybody,

We had a very interesting challenge today from Anita. You can find it here.

The challenge was to make a double triangle pocket mini book. I've never made anything like this before and at first when I saw it, I said, "Nope, not gonna make it."  I asked myself why I didn't want to make it.  Did it look too difficult?  Would I not have a use for it?  I looked at the photo directions then the video. The video went too fast and her mini book didn't look like mine. I looked at other samples that people made and saw that they were like mine.

Sometimes when I try something new like this, I use copy paper so I don't ruin good designer paper. Once I saw other samples I decided that I could tackle this and if I was going to try to do it, I was going to use some of my favorite retired fall paper.

The written tutorial can be found here.

I followed the tutorial then added gold ribbon to hold my book closed. I stamped my sentiment and used the Modern Label punch then added gold gems. I cut 3 3/4" square very vanilla pieces and stamped them with fall images. On one of them I stamped, Thankful for you. This will go to a good friend.

Keywords: TLC1121
Stamps: Gathering Moments
Paper: vanilla, SU-Blackberry Beauty designer series paper
Paper Size: 4" x 4"
Ink: rich razzleberry, golden glow
Accessories: gold ribbon, gold gems, dimensionals, Modern Label punch
Techniques: Double Triangle Pocket Mini Book

Check out some of the samples others made.  I like this idea of making gift tags, maybe for Christmas.



Check this out, wouldn't this make a cute kid's birthday card. They could color the pictures like a coloring book.  Maybe wrap it with an 8 pack of crayons?
For this one I could see seed packets or packets of different teas as a gift.  Hmmmm, this has me thinking of how I can use these. How about You?

I have to say, I'm sure glad I made one of these. It's given me all kinds of cute ideas for small gifts.

Thanks for stopping by today. 

I am continuing to keep the Splitcoaststampers Challenge information on my daily blog as a reminder in case you or some of your friends want to do a challenge or two.  I'm thinking of inviting some people to do some together.

Blessings,

Sue

Speaking of challenges, check this out. Splitcoaststampers is hosting 41 challenges over 10 days!
Click on the link or the image for more information.

Here's a list of supplies we'll be using so far. Click the link to see an updated list. People are still getting their challenges ready.

I hope you can join us for a few of the challenges October 7-17th.

so far......

πŸ‚ Parchment Paper
πŸ‚ Cling Wrap or Glad Press n' Seal (tried it, works great)
πŸ‚ Salt
πŸ‚ Pretty Napkins
πŸ‚Tissue Paper
πŸ‚Shaving cream/foam
πŸ‚Watercolor Paper
πŸ‚Plastic wrap
πŸ‚Metallic embossing powder _OR_ metallic deco foil (either/or)
* Product Suggestions (no affiliation, just searched Amazon for some cheap options with free shipping that you could try):
* Metallic Embossing Powder: Assorted 4pc Metallic Embossing Powder (https://a.co/d/0gyXFDGW)
* Deco Foil: Opal Deco Foil (https://a.co/d/0bDpOIHV), Gold Deco Foil (https://a.co/d/0f71XDvV)

No comments:

 Hey Everybody, We had a very interesting challenge today from Anita. You can find it here . The challenge was to make a double triangle poc...