Hey Everybody,
Today we have an interesting color challenge. The colors we're to use are, golden glow, mossy meadow and pecan pie. Dessert for this week is to use another neutral color. I chose early espresso. You can find the challenge here.
Here's my card.
| Keywords: CC1121 |
| Stamps: Painted Pumpkins, Verses Rubber Stamps-Fold in the middle |
| Paper: white, mossy meadow |
| Paper Size: A2 |
| Ink: golden glow, mossy meadow, pecan pie, early espresso |
| Accessories: blending brushes, Painted Pumpkins masks or stencils, SU-Forever Plaid 3D embossing folder |
| Techniques: dry embossing, ink blending, stenciling |
I used golden glow for the first stencil, then lightly brushed on pecan pie with stencil 2 and early espresso with stencil 3. For stencil 4 I used mossy meadow for the stems. I stamped the vines in mossy meadow as well. I stamped the sentiment in mossy meadow then dry embossed the image panel with the forever plaid embossing folder. I took my blending brushes and colored a frame around the pumpkins using mossy meadow, pecan pie and early espresso.
The inside has a similar blended frame with vines and a sentiment. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.
Here is what the pumpkin masks or stencils look like.
PAINTED PUMPKINS DECORATIVE MASKS
Check out the forever plaid embossing folder here.
Here is the painted pumpkins stamp set I used.
PAINTED PUMPKINS PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET (ENGLISH)
I have wanted to find this stamp for such a long time and finally found it at an online stamp store called, Verses Rubber Stamps. This stamp company merged with about 6 others and is in downtown Cleveland, just 25 minutes down the road. The great thing about this company was, there was NO shipping charge! If you can believe that. Just tax and the cost of the stamps. I thought $7.50 for this stamp was very reasonable.
I came across this layout to get the most number of even pieces for your card insides if you don't mind a smaller piece of paper. The paper shows you how to cut your paper into 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" pieces. Typically, I've cut my cardstock for the inside at 4" x 5 1/4" or 3 3/4" x 5". I've never used this size, but maybe I'll give it a try. I just thought I'd pass along this paper saving tip.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you give the colors in this challenge a try.
Blessings,
Sue

No comments:
Post a Comment