Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Cold, Rainy Day


Well, it's been a cold, rainy day here in Ohio. I'm glad I was able to find time to do the Ways to Use it Challenge this morning. You had to use markers. I used several techniques on this card. First I colored the flowers in yo-yo yellow, then I took the brush end of several markers and tapped them on top of the flower stamp colored yellow. (This is called Thumping) Then stamp and you will see several colors on the paper. I did the same thing with the greenery. I used celery then artichoke. To color the flowers I used a blender pen and the tip of a marker and watercolored the flowwers. This gives a softer blend of color. I experimented on making scallops by punching out 1" circles and cutting them in half and attaching them to the back of the flower panel. Then I took a 1" circle and worked the half circles around it to make the sun. 7mm eyes were added. I think I will try again and make this into a flower instead of a sun. The third marker technique I did was to use different markers to color in the letters. You color the letters, then huff on the stamp and then stamp.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...