Friday, July 6, 2007

Sewing With Hemp Tutorial

Here's my finished card for the SCS challenge today. You had to case a card in the new catalog. I needed to sew with hemp, so I came up with this tutorial to make it easier for those of you who haven't used hemp this way.

Sewing With Hemp-Tutorial
This is something I thought I'd share with those of you who find you are 'sewing' on your cards.

I took pictures to demonstrate how easy it is to do IF you have the right tools.
I started with a plastic floss needle that people use to help floss when wearing braces. They can be found in any store near floss and toothpaste.

You need one of these floss needles, your hemp and scissors.
Step 1: Thread the plastic needle through the hole in the cardstock.

Step 2: Thread the hemp through the eye of the plastic needle.

Step 3: Pull the needle through the card stock.


Step 4: Gently pull the hemp through the holes so it does not tear the cardstock.




Step 5: Insert plastic needle into the next hole and continue until the sewing is finished.

Step 6: Cut ends of hemp on back side of card and tie once then clip and tape so hemp doesn't come loose.
This was a whole lot easier than trying to thread the hemp into one of my large craft needles.
Have Fun with this. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Nice tutorial Sue! Those floss threaders are so very handy!

Hugs,
Anne :)

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...