Friday, December 14, 2007

Is It REALLY Friday?






Whew, you can tell I've had a very busy week: I haven't posted here since Sunday! I have been on the run since then.
Tuesday I had an evening meeting, Wednesday was church, Last night was my birthday celebration, then I needed to design and cut paper for Card Ministry tonight. We made 136 cards in two hours. 60 of the cards will go to soldiers while the others are sympathy cards. Our church sends out a lot of sympathy cards during the winter. Anyway here are the samples I kept for these cards.
We're supposed to get a really bad storm here sometime this afternoon. I'm going to get my running around done this morning and stamp the day away. Although I still need to get my Christmas cards addressed and print our family letter. I usually have the kids help with this kind of thing. No reason I have to fold all the letters, stick on all the stamps and label, put cards into envelopes and seal them...............It's nice to have two kids to help around here! :-)
Last night our church had the first of two performances for Christmas. It was the same night as our Card Ministry meeting. Our Card Ministry is on the second Friday of every month so that doesn't change. 4 ladies showed up plus my daughter and myself and we got 136 cards done in 2 hours. God blessed us last night as we worked to supply the church with 60 cards for soldiers of family members in the church and 76 sympathy cards. We made 4 different types of sympathy cards so that there were male/female cards, and those that spoke of God and those that were general sympathy. So I'm praising God for helping us get so many cards done last night.
I have a doctor's appt. and errands to do this morning, then I have the rest of the day to do Christmas cards and challenges. I am so looking forward to that!

1 comment:

Sharon in NE said...

Lots of cards you all made! These are great.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...