Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Distressed Eagle


So I've been playing with my new set here and today when the color challenge was white, black and river rock I thought this set would work perfectly. I used the distressing tool to make the edges a little raggedy. I used white embossing powder for the stars and black ep for the eagle. I used a sponge to swipe river rock over the eagle and the white background cardstock. I love this new embossing folder for the cuddlebug. I ran it through the CB machine three times to get different levels and layers. I used the ticket and start punches at the corners. I ended up making this a 70th birthday card for my uncle which looks pretty cool now. I added 70 to the stars and Happy Birthday below the eagle. On the inside I used the large candle and lots of little candles trying to get 70 to fit! LOL I know they never would, but it was fun trying to get them in there.
I've had the day off due to snow, cold and wind here in Northern Ohio. Yippee!!! You know there's nothing like a snow day! You wake up ready to get ready for work and you're told you get to stay home! WOOHOO! The noise you hear isn't just kids, it's the teachers too!
I just saw a link that said I had the gallery with the most posts to it. It said I had 2500. Now I'm seeing people rooting for me to get to 3,000. Got to write less here and make more items to post they say! LOL
May our Lord continue to comfort and guide you through your day. Until our next time together Hugs and blessings to you.

1 comment:

Sharon in NE said...

What a handsome card! Good thing you kept your desire for 70 candles to the inside of the card and not to a cake. Would need an extinguisher to go along with the cake!

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...