Saturday, March 1, 2008

You Are My Sunshine.....Lots in Ohio Today Too


This is for two challenges this week. Inspiration Challenge had a blue room which I saw had some coral so I added that to my blue flowers. For Ways to Use it 155 you had to use notes or a favorite song, so I also added my notes and title for one of my favorite songs to sing to my kids. I sang it mostly when they were babies, but still get tears in my eyes when I sing it. There's nothing like the love of your children. For a mom I hold a soft spot in my heart for my kids, that no one else can touch. No matter what's going on at work, or at home, a hug, smile, or note from one of my kids can make me so appreciative of the God who made them. When I first got married, it was later in life so I wanted kids right away. It almost broke my heart that we didn't have kids early like I wanted. God had some work to do in me first. When I surrendered my will of having kids and told God it was whatever HE wanted for us, not what I wanted. That I'd be happy without kids if that was HIS will. It took a very long time for me to get to that point. Guess what? Not long after that I was pregnant with my Benjamin. It's a lesson I keep learning that's hard......HIS will not MINE. It never gets easier for me. I'm so thankful that God is so patient and merciful to me.
Each time we have something happen with the kids my husband kids me and says, "Remember, this is what you wanted more than anything else in the world, kids!" He smiles and I throw something his way! LOL Not really......I don't throw things.....just fun teasing.
Sorry, I got side-tracked there..........Cutie Pie paper with flowers stamped with brown SU ink. The flowers were then colored with a sky blue copic marker and spritzed with water and watercolored on the edges with brilliant blue. When dry I ran coral over the flowers lightly. The flowers were crumpled when wet and cut out. I layered two and added a dimensional under the first layer to lift it up a bit. The crab has a dimensional underneath as does the flower he sits on.

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...