Friday, January 2, 2009

A Few More Days of Vacation

Check out this blog for the reason behind so many Valentines.
I have been trying out my new Slice cutting machine my Making Memories. It worked fairly well the first day to give me some hearts to work with. However, then days after that, it hasn't been so much fun. We'll see how it all works out.


This is a thank you card that our card ministry will be making this month. It is a stamp scapes stamp for the trees and Noble Deer in the foreground.

This is one of my favorite old sets, Roses in Winter. I stamped in pretty in pink, rose red and ruby red. The leaves are sage shadow stamped off once then the detail stamp is stamped without stamping off. I used the large oval punch to cut out the thank you. This is a thank you card that our Card Ministry will be making this month.

I embossed using silver ep. on white card stock. The I mounted it to navy card stock. I stamped using the elegant thank you and used the scallop square punch to punch it out. The dotted swiss cuttlebug folder was used as the background for this card using celery paper.

This is one of the fun cards I made using the top note design that I finally received after being back-ordered. I used the negative space left after cutting out the shape from the design paper. It was mounted on creamy caramel card stock. Then I stamped the tree in artichoke, then versa mark and iridescent ice. The tree has choc chip paper edging it and caramel ink direct to paper around it. Gingham ribbon was added.

It's usual at this time of year to look back over the past year and remember. It's also a time to think about the coming year and plan.............I don't make resolutions cuz they get broken by the second week of January anyway........and I feel like I've failed.
I'm doing small changes and celebrating little victories to encourage myself when I do well and to help me when I'm not doing so well. Exercise and reading my Bible are my two biggest weaknesses right now. I'd appreciate prayers that I can continue to make progress in both areas. Bless you for dropping by. Happy New Year and may God continue to walk with you.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...