Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! 2009 Has Arrived!

Well it's 2009 and another Christmas and birthday are behind us. We will celebrate DH's bday Saturday the 3rd. This is the card I made that may be turned into a scrapbook page of DH's family. We take a family photo each year. It's interesting to see the changes that take place in a year.
The technique I used for the background of this card was really neat to try. I dropped a few drops of alcohol into into a dish of water and added a second color then put the paper ont top of it. The ink stuck to the card stock and made these cool patterns.

This is a picture of my DH at my Sister's house in Columbus. He didn't know I was taking the picture although it looks like he's looking right at me. I have a long lens on the camera so I can take shots from farther away and people don't know it. I just love this shot of him. I used the alcohol inks and water technique on this card background as well.

Well here's our family picture on DH's side. This is an annual event for us and it's year 15 for me. It's amazing how things change in a family. I'm still in the picture at year 15 so I guess I'm here to stay. LOL

Here's our family picture. Can't believe that the kids are as tall as I am. By next year I'll be the shortest one in the picture! I know I have great kids and feel so blessed to be their mom.

Isn't this a fun card? Check out TLC201 Fun Funky Fold here:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=406759
Lynn has such great directions that ANYONE can do this card! I used Raspberry Tart paper for the base of the card. I wanted this to be able to stay closed, so I put ribbon through it.

This is a fun card to make.....Check out TLC201 Fun Funky Fold here:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=406759
Lynn has such great directions that ANYONE can do this card!
I used Maine Blueberry dp for this card. The image was colored with markers.

Thanks for stopping in today. May you continueto be blessed by the one who made you. May your relationships deepen with those around you.
Hugs and blessings,
Sue

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...