Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday's are Fun Stamping Times

Well, here in Ohio we've had constant snow flying today. Not sure how long it's been snowing but we have several more inches on the ground. Kids keep finding lots of fun on sleds with friends. It's been fun to watch them or hear about the fun they've had. It takes me back to when they were younger when we'd ride sleds or toboggans down the hill laughing, then climb back up the hill for more. The climbing and outside air still tires them out and they sleep well! Although as a teen and a tween, they are doing well sleeping in on their own. Seems that this time in their lives they need more sleep so their body can grow, grow, grow.
Sarah's as tall as I am and Ben's not far behind. I'll be the shortest in my family soon.

This is for today's Inspiration Challenge 164 where you had to use a Lang Calendar for your Inspiration. Once I saw the sunflower calendar it was obvious what set I'd use! I used my favorite set, Serene Sunflower and cut out a sunflower and three leaves as well as the brown center. They are popped up with a dimensional. I used versa mark on the choc chip card stock with the leaf. I used the Holiday Treasure paper for next to the choc chip. Then I added marigold to that. The sunflowers have celery sponged around them to soften the white card stock. I added blessed stamped in choc chip and sponged caramel on top of it. That's how I got the color in the flower center. I stamped it with choc chip them stamped again with caramel. The blessed was punched out using the small oval then the large oval was choc chip paper. Hope you like it. I know I sure loved doing it!

Check out this cute gable box. It was made using a tutorial on SCS. Here's a link to it.
This is my rendition of Regina's Gable Box from this week's Inkling direction. Thanks Regina for the awesome directions. I had fun with this one. I used my Holiday Treasure designer paper then colored the stamp from Pocket Silhouettes with celery and pretty in pink markers. I stamped twice without recoloring and added 2 in 1 glue and dazz diamonds. I sponged around the white with chocolate chip ink and added the celery ribbon to the box the white area and the top. I used the pieces of designer paper that were punched out to add to the top and bottom of the white card stock. The I added small branches from my Martha Stewart punch then friend to friend on top with the word window punch. I like how this came out.
I can see this being used for lots of cute projects. With Valentine's Day coming up it gives me ideas!

I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to visit me. I hope you are enjoying your day.
Blessings,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...