Monday, January 19, 2009

Today's The Day!

So today at 2:09 p.m. Ohio time( 12:09 SU time) the new catalog went online. How do I know you ask? I was trying to order a really neat thing of mini sheets of decorator samples on a ring for demonstrators online..........only to find that you had to call Demo support...........can you say BUSY SIGNAL!!! Oh well, I guess that's God's way of telling me I didn't really need it anyway!
Here is my card for the SCS challenge today. It was called Faux Mosaic. I had fun doing this. I chose to use my scallop square punch and the Raspberry Tart design paper. Can't get enough of that stuff! LOL Anyway I used double sided tape on my white cardstock. Then I applied my squares in a quilt like pattern. Next I added iridescent ice to the card and heated. Wow, it looks gorgeous in real life! I added the pearls then the saying. I used decorator scissors to cut around the words then layered it on black card stock so it would stand out.
This is going to a 17 year old girl with cancer..............words can't express how I feel when I read about kids especially with this terrible disease! Inside the verse is, For we walk by FAITH, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7 What a difficult thing to do when faced with this disease.

I pray that you are blessed by what you find here. May you find a peaceful and quiet time, a time of reflection and a time to think about your life and how God fits into it. He's my Lord and Savior....I need to spend more time with Him so I'm off to do just that.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...