Monday, March 2, 2009

Into the Deep Freeze The Flu Continues

So, it's freezing here in Ohio, but fortunately we didn't get the snow they did on the East Coast! Here in our household though we have the Influenza virus B and it isn't fun! The doctor told us what we general say is the flu is really a stomach virus. What we have at our house now IS the flu. It's a lot like a bad cold with a high fever, which is hard to watch kids go through ya know what I mean? Sarah had it last week, Ben has it now. Tim and I are taking medicine so we don't get it as a precaution.
So after a trip to the doctor's office and two pharmacies(this must be all over this area since I couldn't find a Walgreens close to me with the medication I needed. Fortunately the pharmacist found some for us and it was only a 15 minute drive away. I got to stamp this morning before we left for the doctor's office and here's the challenge on SCS today, a crimped envelope card holder.

This is the crimped envelope I made for today's challenge. I have usually made these for gift cards so it was fun to make a card to go inside of this.
I used Simple Friendship and Ever After to make this. I stamped the flowers in celery then colored them in pretty in pink. I stamped in black and colored with celery and pretty in pink then used a dauber to sponge on brocade blue. I added ribbon and flowers with pearls in the center. I've never added ribbon to the top part of this envelope. I love how this came out. Thanks for another great tutorial.

This is an envelope I made without my crimper. Some of the gals on Splitcoast said they didn't have a crimper and couldn't do the challenge today. I was sure that I could come up with something that would work for them, and I did!
I cut the envelope as described in the tutorial then decorated the top and bottom. The bottom was scored every 1/4" then fan-folded. I opened it up and smoothed it out almost all the way and it fit into the top easily! So all you ladies who don't have a crimper can play today!
Have fun! Here's mine with my new favorite set, Thoughts and Prayers. I love punching out those flowers with my 1/4" punch and gluing them to the branch.

You're in my Heart, is the name of the card that's next. Makes me think of that Rod Stewart song....I know that dates me a bit, but just had to tell you where I was for a bit....now I can't get that song out of me head! LOL This is a card I made with the set Ever After. I love the victorian feel to this. I added two rows of lace because I liked the way the brocade blue looked behind the apricot. The heart is stamped in Regal Rose. I used the romance wheel with brocade blue on the apricot. The blue design paper is from SU Patterns Pack II which is a level I hostess gift. The squares are punched out and I used the perfect layers to add the black layer. Dimensionals were used to attach the heart and squares.

Thanks for stopping by today. I am so happy that you take time out of your day to visit. If you're able to do so, please let me know you've stopped by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...