Sunday, April 5, 2009

Another Top Note Purse

I know you're probably getting tired of seeing top note ideas, but I love working with this! This is the second low purse I've made with this. It was the paper left over from the large top note box I made. See I can make 2 projects from one piece of whisper white card stock! This project uses a box that I've made and soon will have a video on my blog. I used whisper white card stock and two different colors for my top note paper. The yellow top note was cut in half so it could be attached to the front and back of the box. The blue top note was folded to go over the top edges of the box. I also used the wide oval punch and the scallop oval punches with a dimensional near the bottom so the purse flap could go behind the ovals and stay closed. The ribbon goes through a hole at the point in the top note paper.

Check out the video I have on how to make the small box that this paper covers. It is very versatile.
Isn't this beautiful? This is the quilt my dear friend at work made for me for being awarded Special Education Teacher of the Year in our District. I was brought to tears by her love and caring. I've oohed and aaaahed at her beautiful works of art that she's shared over the years with me. Never in a million years did I think I'd be the recipient of one. I cried of course when I got it! My DH insisted on me getting a pretty quilt hanger worthy of her work. This hangs on my stairway to the second floor where all can see it. I am reminded each time I see it what a wonderful friend I have!
We should all be blessed with such wonderful friends in our lives. I hope you have someone to share your successes with.
Bless you for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anne said...

LOVE the adorable 'top note' purse creation, Sue! Unfortunately, dial-up doesn't allow me to view videos. {sad face}

CONGRATULATIONS on an award well deserved and earned... your the bestest gal a person could be so lucky to know! So proud of you!

Happy Easter, sweet friend!

{OXOX}
-A. :)

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...