Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fifth Avenue Floral

Am I the last one to get and use this 5th Ave. Floral set? I've seen so many beautiful cards with this that I just had to get it. I knew if I didn't get this set it would be like some of the others, I'd be looking for it in the Demo BST area! LOL
This is the watercolor technique Sharon Rogers demonstrated on her blog.
http://stampwithsharonrogers.typepad...-tutorial.html
You emboss with white ep, then get flower wet and drop color onto image using reinkers and aqua painter. It dries much lighter than you think it will. I used the same technique on the butterfly with black ep. I then folded him a bit so he'd stand out a bit more. Thanks again for another great layout! The paper is from the patterns pack II. The stamps are 5th avenue floral and God's beauty.

My upline and I get together each Wednesday and work on things, compare things we've found on the internet etc. This was a fun technique to try together. The hardest part was waiting for the flower to dry. I was so tempted to blot it or use the heat tool on it! LOL
I am excited that now the weather is getting warmer here in NE OH. We are having rain though so it's not great. It's always better to get rain than snow though.
Thank you for stopping by. I am hoping to have another video soon.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...