Monday, April 27, 2009

OAT Testing is Going On!

Well here in Ohio we have come to the week many students hate/love; Ohio Acheivement Testing week. Students love it because that means that all of the preparation and homework involving OAT is done. They hate it because they have to test each day throughout the week. My class has 5 students taking this test out of 12. The other 7 go to another classroom while we give this test. It's a long test for my students since they typically need more time to take these things. I keep praying that we don't have any major upsets due to these tests.
I got to play tonight and participated in SCS's technique challenge 218. You were to roll marbles through reinkers and include that in your card.
Here's mine:
This is my card for the Marble Technique. I used pink pirouette, kiwi, and riding hood red reinkers to color the cardstock with the marbles. I put the white paper through the cuttlebug for texture then punched the hearts out. I used Bella Rose paper to match the colors I used for the marble painting. The bird and word stamps are by Inkadinkadoo. The card base is choc chip. There are dimensionals behind the words, the hearts and the bird. The bird is colored with watercolor wonder crayons and an aqua painter.

I think I will send this to my friend and upline. She has to have knee surgery the end of the month. She fell at work and hurt her knee and may need a partial knee replacement. I keep praying that she will be better soon. Watching her in pain all the time is very hard.
Take care and thank you for stopping in today.

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....