Sunday, April 12, 2009

He Has Risen Indeed!

He Has Risen! He Has Risen Indeed!
Happy Easter everyone! This is a traditional Christian greeting so I thought I'd try it here. Last night we went to an Easter service at church. Our church is so large that they have had to go to 5 services for Easter. The first of those services is Saturday evening in a contemporary service with lots of contemporary music. It's weird to be looking at the beautiful morning without the thought of going to church today. I will take DS who will sell bakery for his youth group between services. He's so service oriented that it's wonderful to see him do for others. He asked for help in making the cookies for the bake sale today and I told him I had other things I needed to do. He made 6 dozen cookies on his own (he's 14 so that's not a problem). He's been baking for years now with me, so to do this on his own is no big deal.
The only thing I need to do is take him between services and pick him up a few hours later between services.
Our church has so many members that there isn't enough room to park on site so they run shuttles from areas with parking to the church. Amazing isn't it?
Here are the gifts for kids for today. Even though they are 12 and 14 I still make up something for them on Easter.........it's a tradition ya know?
I used Beate's directions in the resources page to make the milk cartons. I used a punch on the ends at the top to slip the ribbon into. That way I could close the milk carton and it would easily open to reveal the goodies inside!
I then took a white gift bag and wheeled one of my fav wheels across, Bella's Border, then filled the bag with goodies for the kids. The green container is for Sarah and the brown is for Ben.
What do you think?



Have a blessed Easter and thanks for visiting here today.
He has risen! HE has risen indeed!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Such a lovely and "appropriate" post, my friend!

Happy Easter Sunday Blessings to you & yours!

{L&H}
-A. :)

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...