Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Day Approaches

Well, I'm finally getting around to making some Mother's Day cards. I have to make a few for work. We're doing a fundraiser for a computer technician who has cancer. He's the nicest guy so I brought in a box load of cards and 3-D items to sell to add to his fund.
I used the technique lovers challenge technique called, Embossed waxed paper Resist.
I had fun with this technique.

This bird is so soft and sweet isn't he? I used floral background with marigold then added the top note pieces with the dotted swiss folder with wax paper in the cuttlebug. I use watercolor crayons to color the sky and the bird using aquapainters.

This is another attempt at doing the watercolor roses using reinkers. I embossed in gold first then colored the flowers using reinkers and my aquapainter.

Well here he is, the cat with the gorgeous face! This is the handsome guy who almost died at Christmas. We think he was eating faux Christmas tree pieces..........not sure and we're just so happy that he's back to 'normal'. Sam Hi to Sam our wonderful cat.

Thank you for stopping by today. I'm slowly but surely getting caught up with my blog.
Hugs,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...