Sunday, May 3, 2009

Learning Every Day-Stamping for a Cause

This was a fun challenge. I used Patty's directions from her video to do this flower. http://pattystamps.typepad.com/
I used Rose Red, pretty in pink and summer sun reinkers. I also used rose red cardstock for the background and ran that through the cuttlebug. The banana top note piece was run through the crimper. I used the leaves from the sizzlets die I have with celery paper. Thanks Patty for such wonderful directions! I can't wait to try more of these. The hardest part of this was waiting for it to dry! LOL



This is another rose from Fifth Avenue Florals where I experimented with using black ep to try to get a stained glass affect. My upline gave me the white cardstock stamped and the paper as well. Not sure what the paper is and I know that the other is a stencil from SU but I don't know its name.
I lined the top note with black to pull in the black ep used on the flower.

These are the finished note pads I made to give to the people at the Ronald McDonald House so they know that someone cares. I thought there must be a million things they need to write down from info from the doctor, to shopping lists, clothes or items to be brought to the hospital, etc.

What a wonderful way to 'give back'. I'm so glad I was able to make these. I also made 20 packages of cards so the kids could stamp a card or take a stamped card and put it together later. God is so good to enable us to serve Him and others in things that we just LOVE, isn't He?
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...