Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An Old Favorite with a New Technique

If you've not seen Patty's video on how to make these, check it out here.
http://pattystamps.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2009/05/watercolor-rose-cards.html
It is an amazing technique!

My upline had this stamp out and was going to try this and let me take it home to play with it. I tried this technique on several different types of papers. Todays cards are on shiny and whisper white.

This is the first time I've used the hardware from my kit and I must say I like how it looks but don't know how people attach the paper to the hardware so they can attach it to a card........I used my 2-way glue pen. Any help with how the rest of you do this?

This is versamark and white embossing powder on watercolor paper. I then sprayed the paper and applied color from reinkers using an aquapainter. the colors used are pretty in pink, apricot, celery, kiwi. I purposely ran the paper through the cuddlebug backwards so the dots would go in and not out.


This is the beautiful flower from Flower Garden embossed then watercolored with reinkers and an aquapainter. I used pretty in pink, celery, apricot ink and used daubers on shiny cardstock to make it look like the watercolored flowers. The card base is cool carribean. I put the cardstock through the cuttlebug with the back on the front to get the dots going in instead of popping up. I added the hardware and pink ribbon.



It's been fun playing with different papers here. I'll be uploading a few more flowers tomorrow so you can see some more differences.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...