Sunday, June 7, 2009

Busy Busy Weekend

This is the card I made with my new toys! I got my new SU colors and cardstock so I've been playing with them. Magnolia was colored with the new colors of markers. Some areas I used a blender pen and some I used the marker. I think the marker colors darker than the blender pen.
I cut a frame oval scallop using my cuttlebug then colored the scallop oval with the bermuda bay ink using a cotton ball. the cardstock was run through the cuttlebug with the fifth avenue folder. I used a cotton ball and the melon mambo ink on the embossed areas and edges. I put dimensionals behind her except for her feet so it would look like she's balancing on the scallop oval.


I had fun with this though I was way out of my comfort zone with a one-layer card. I stamped in melon mambo and crushed curry. Then I used the scallop punch and a cotton ball to add color to the edges. I used razzleberry lemonade paper under the scallop for color. I just love this new paper!

This is a flun new set from SU called Kind and Caring Thoughts..........I love the flowers and leaves. I used soft suede and melon mambo to stamp leaves and flowers. I added a wide oval punch with the razzleberry lemonade paper and a scallop oval for thinking of you. the light roses were stamped off once.

I am enjoying this new set. I love the softness of the leaves in this card. I stamped off several times to get this look. The new colors are fun to play with as well.

I have spent the weekend putting together a dvd for work. When it was almost finished, my computer crashed and I had to start all over again. I wanted to cry!!!! My son helped me find most of the pictures and we got the thing together, burned to a dvd etc by this evening. It's amazing how much we have become dependent on this technology. It sure is great when it works and sure makes you want to pitch it when it doesn't! LOL
I am praying for a mom tonight who lost her 14 year old daugther to cancer after a 5 year fight. It touches me since my oldest is 14 and I've been following her blog for a long time now. I've never met her yet I feel I know her.......make sense? Please pray for Melissa and her family.
Please also pray for my dear friend Val who is battling pain after a procedure on her knee. She will be going to PT soon for treatments for her knee. I pray that she will be pain free and able to walk soon.
2 1/2 more days of work until summer vacation. Woohoo, I can't wait! Lots still to do at work though.
Bless you for stopping by.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...